• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AMU is a legit school?

Wake destroys AMU. Now if your degree was from Southern New Hampshire University, we'd have a contest.

Not sure about AMU, but I do know that a degree from Trump University will garner serious consideration from Wake Forest masters programs. PM bobknightfan for specific details.

We have a question from the audience guys (it's from JLDeac):

"you didn't have to be such a jerk. WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?" - sent as rep.

Thanks for asking JLDeac. I'm sure plenty of other people could have answered this question, but I run a chain of local pet stores that specialize in box turtles. Just like all other pet stores, it's a for profit enterprise.

Right, but did your Wake education help you with starting the pet stores? Or was it just cuz you knew the Turtle King of Des Moines that got you started?

I suspect you will find that young Wake grads are a humble, self-aware lot willing to learn from the life experience of those older and more experienced than they.

lol So that's what I'm learning. At least some of you guys have a good sense of humor about everything. Thanks.

University of Phoenix has some questionable practices, UMUC, ITT, and Devry are also pretty shady. But like I said. At the end of the day, a degree is a degree.

What makes their practices questionable or shady?

ITT is being sued by Massachusetts for deceiving students and lying about job placement rates and I've heard the ultimate goal is the University of Phoenix but we'll see.

Let's pretend this bro is not a parody and he really is working the same job as a wake grad. If AMU bro payed 20K to land the same job that wake bro payed 200K for, then who got scammed?

Looks like the real issue is that OP's coworker is a dick.

Let's pretend this bro is not a parody and he really is working the same job as a wake grad. If AMU bro payed 20K to land the same job that wake bro payed 200K for, then who got scammed?

According to him all that matters is networking, so it sounds like he dropped $20K for nada.

Back