• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

An alternate perspective

I like how in the original post he cites an excuse of us being flat for Tech, yet completely discounts that our "impressive" (10 point home loss) was in part due to Syracuse being flat against us with their game against Duke up next. What was good about our loss to Syracuse? We played hard, but Syracuse rarely blows people out. It was a normal workman like win for them.

Syracuse has won 7 ACC games with the average margin of 9.4. The powerhouses of Cornell, Fordham, and Binghamton all scored more points than we did in this moral victory for the ages.

The general "inexperience" argument is absolutely now lame, but I think the "Bz has no ability" is also pretty lame given reports that the coaches and players actually like the guy. There's no real reason to act like the guy has zero talent and that people hate him.

IMO it all goes back to something I heard Coach K say. Success in college basketball depends on player experience, leadership on and off the court, but mostly the ability to overcome adversity which is why the other two matter. We have substantial player experience and based on Devin's comments, CMM has been the on court leader, which is why we've been playing more like a team as the season goes on.

The problem was overcoming adversity. When their on court leader left the game, they stepped up. When our on court leader got injured, McKie stepped up, but the young guys seemed to take on Bz's introverted, reactionary, passive aggressive personality....and dwelled on the excuses instead of playing through the adversity. I feared that as soon as Devin missed that FT so badly. Look at Devin's comments. They are more worried about the community's reaction to the game than anything, so Bz must be talking about it.....probably not overtly but it's coming through.

Bz is simply not a guy that can lead any team through adversity, he can only lead when not facing it. You can't be a college coach (or IMO any effective head coach) and not be able to lead through adversity. This GT loss sealed his fate....as if it were going to be any different anyway.

Umm, [Redacted] has zero talent and people most certainly hate him. I stopped reading your lengthy post after that ludicrous sentence.

Back