• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AND..HERE...WE....GO!!! ESPN Finally targets the fiasco which is WF Basketball

Some guy on facebook. Somebody has posted a comment about the program and he got all indignant, responded with incorrect information with the chide to KNOW YOUR PROGRAM!

So he is not Mundy? Just trying to know how to program the facial recognition software for my drone strikes.

So this 41 year old guy blogs with guys basically half his age?

Yeah. That's weird. The boards are weird enough with students and young alums choosing to interact with us old farts, but it's much weirder that they'd let him speak for their site.

(And yes, Doofus has said that Mundy wasn't speak for BSD, but when dude is on ESPN and there's a link to BSD, he's speaking for BSD)

So this 41 year old guy blogs with guys basically half his age?

Once you start balding you do desperate things to feel young again. Also I see that clown is reading this thread, care to defend your asinine comments Mundy? Especially I would like you to address the point Childress and King being in the same recruiting class.

I don't give a shit about what Wellman thinks or is convinced of. He's a fool and an idiot who knows next to nothing about college athletics, yet imagines himself to be a guru.

They could at least lie to us. You know, call us and lie! We don't want to sit here like schmucks. A lie is a gesture, it's a courtesy, it's a little respect. This is very disrespectful.

WF Athletics sees what they want to see, and hears what they want to hear. And unless you have the capabilities and/or resources to do something for them, they don't give a rats ass about your opinion. They also subscribe to the belief that if they say something enough times, no matter how ridiculous, the lemmings (a.k.a. their fan base that they can control) will ultimately believe it and will follow them...even if it is off a cliff. I once worked within the University in a department that was closely associated with the Athletic Department, and let me tell you that the level of arrogance and elitism was astounding and both factored into the decision-making process. It was really hard to believe that these people thought so highly of themselves, actually believed it, and thought that others did also.

Gotta love group think. There's nothing better for an organization that's trying to compete in the upper echelons of education and college athletics. Let's all stand around in a circle and jerk each other off for doing a good job while Rome burns.

Once you start balding you do desperate things to feel young again. Also I see that clown is reading this thread, care to defend your asinine comments Mundy? Especially I would like you to address the point Childress and King being in the same recruiting class.

Stan Gable must be a very desperate man.

I can't control what Mundy says and I had no clue there was an ESPN article coming before I saw the link on here. While I know people will associate the two, I don't know what to do about it. I don't agree with most of his opinions but we aren't going to keep him from having one.

If attendance is only up 11% in a season in which the team won 63% more games, that is a problem.

"My high school years coincided with the Bob Staak era, which scarred a lot of us for a long time," Mundy said. "However, in hindsight, it tempered any expectation I've ever had for Wake Forest basketball. … I went to a lot of basketball games as a fan of the game first, and hoping the underdog would win was a bonus."

Fuck this jackass. That shit MAY work on us fortysomethings in football, but it doesn't fly in basketball.

He also admits to being at best a halfass Wake fan who casually adopted the home team. Of course someone who really doesn't give a shit about the team or the school will have tempered expectations.

I was around for the crappy late 80's. Doesn't really make now much better.

Me, too. I agree. I'll have to read it again, though. Initially I didn't interpret Mundy's saying that Staak was the norm, but if that's what he meant, he ought to talk with guys who were at Wake in the 60s or even the early 80s. I don't think their expectations are Staak-like.

I can't control what Mundy says and I had no clue there was an ESPN article coming before I saw the link on here. While I know people will associate the two, I don't know what to do about it. I don't agree with most of his opinions but we aren't going to keep him from having one.

Ohh I think you know what has to be done. I'll give you a hint, the same thing that should be done to Buzz and Wellman.

I bet attendance isn't up 11% from Dino's last season.

Exactly. Being up 11% from the 2011/12 season means fuck all.

All the Saturday afternoon home ACC games helped that number, plus all the given away tickets counted as "tickets sold" for this past season. It's a bullshit number.

So Mundy was born ~1972, which means he was one of the 20-somethings in the mid-90s, the golden years for nearly all Wake BB fans. I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing that his reference to his "tempered expections" was to his childhood. Surely, after watching Childress/Rogers/Duncan/Paul, he didn't expect 1986 era results, did he? Anyway, whatever. The bottom line is that 90% of Wake Forest fans want Wellman and Buzz out. Period.

Sounds like you need to get your house in order

"My high school years coincided with the Bob Staak era, which scarred a lot of us for a long time," Mundy said. "However, in hindsight, it tempered any expectation I've ever had for Wake Forest basketball. … I went to a lot of basketball games as a fan of the game first, and hoping the underdog would win was a bonus."

Fuck this jackass. That shit MAY work on us fortysomethings in football, but it doesn't fly in basketball.

He also admits to being at best a halfass Wake fan who casually adopted the home team. Of course someone who really doesn't give a shit about the team or the school will have tempered expectations.

That was pretty much the point I was trying to make a while back in the thread about all the people making decisions for Wake athletics were non-alum outsiders. I.e., people for whom it's easy to have "tempered expectations".

Someone from the Staak days *raises hand* would have to have tuned basketball out from 91-Buzz if they think Staak is some norm. Yeah those were 4 crappy years, as well as Odom's first. Then we had an almost 20 year run where all but 2 years were at worst "middle of the ACC" type seasons, which used to mean something. The historical aberrations are the cellar dwelling years, except they're not aberrations for Buzz.

You can't use the non-alum card because the most active BuzzOUTers are non-alums. It's about people who desperately want Wake athletics to win vs. people with other agendas and winning is gravy.

"First of all, I don't read the newspaper and I don't read the internet," [Redacted] said. "That's the honest, goodness truth. I don't even watch sports on TV except for sports I need to watch. So, I've never seen anything, have no clue about what's being said. I don't worry abou things I don't have any control over. I just do my job. What I know is this: We have built a really strong foundation without compromising any values or integrity at Wake Forest University, and there is a very bright future."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...est-fans-calling-for-bzdeliks-firing/1987377/

"I don't read the Internet," Wellman said. "I don't read a lot of the things that are going on. Other people do that in our department and they certainly monitor things, but that's not something that has had much effect on me because we're determined to do what is right to do for this university."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...mon-deacons-ever-wake-back-college-basketball

Ugh

Back