• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AND..HERE...WE....GO!!! ESPN Finally targets the fiasco which is WF Basketball

Very apt picture and teaser on the front of ESPN's CBB page.
Deserves to be posted.

bzz_zps895205c5.jpg

So Mundy was born ~1972, which means he was one of the 20-somethings in the mid-90s, the golden years for nearly all Wake BB fans. I don't know the guy, but I'm guessing that his reference to his "tempered expections" was to his childhood.

I find that only basing my adult expectations based on what happened in my childhood is the smart way to go. That is why I'm always happy every Hanukkah when I get a driedel.

You can't use the non-alum card because the most active BuzzOUTers are non-alums. It's about people who desperately want Wake athletics to win vs. people with other agendas and winning is gravy.

Agree Ph. Mundy definitely falls into the winning is gravy camp, or as he said "hoping the underdog would win was a bonus."

I was born in 1970 and the 1st Wake game I remember attending in person was the 1978 ACC Championship when we lost to Duke. Mundy might not be old enough to remember that but if he was paying any attention, he would have been old enough to remember Wake kicking consistent ass in the Big Four tournament in the early 80's and retiring Meyer in '84 to get to the Elite Eight before the Staak era.

You can't use the non-alum card because the most active BuzzOUTers are non-alums. It's about people who desperately want Wake athletics to win vs. people with other agendas and winning is gravy.

Agreed. The non-alum versus alum argument is just old recycled garbage that no longer holds much value in the modern era of big-time collegiate sports.

At least our townie representative Stratt went to NC State, Wellman's townie representative Mundy went to High Point. Winner us.

I can't control what Mundy says and I had no clue there was an ESPN article coming before I saw the link on here. While I know people will associate the two, I don't know what to do about it. I don't agree with most of his opinions but we aren't going to keep him from having one.

I had no idea he was being contacted for an article either. Agreed with Ish....don't agree with most of his opinions but it is what it is.

Pretty sure Mundy grew up a Tennessee fan as well, so I think that most of the time he's been a Wake fan they've been good at basketball anyways.

I remember Baby Deac saying something along the lines of someone had been hired by the AD whose job was in part to track down leaks and monitor the boards. Sounded crazy to me at the time but Baby Deac always seemed to have a good handle about what was going on so who knows. By the way, where is Baby Deac?

You remember correctly. It is crazy. It is also true.

I am still here, just haven't been posting as much lately because I am more disgusted than ever by stuff that is going on, even recently. Deception and arrogance are at an all-time high ... things are not better ... DBTH. I just wonder who will be the one to finally step up and remedy the problem. It cant continue, but I cant fathom that it has gotten to this point either.

I remember Baby Deac saying something along the lines of someone had been hired by the AD whose job was in part to track down leaks and monitor the boards. Sounded crazy to me at the time but Baby Deac always seemed to have a good handle about what was going on so who knows. By the way, where is Baby Deac?
Can't believe this is true. Whoever you are:

zmcome-at-me-bro_large.jpg

You remember correctly. It is crazy. It is also true.

I am still here, just haven't been posting as much lately because I am more disgusted than ever by stuff that is going on, even recently. Deception and arrogance are at an all-time high ... things are not better ... DBTH. I just wonder who will be the one to finally step up and remedy the problem. It cant continue, but I cant fathom that it has gotten to this point either.

Do you think the AD knows your identity? Do you care?

Wait, who is this Mundy cat and when did Ish/slothrop stop running Blogger So Dear?

I had no idea he was being contacted for an article either. Agreed with Ish....don't agree with most of his opinions but it is what it is.

His opinion notwithstanding, that is super bizarre and amateur hour of the dude not to give his BSD colleagues a heads-up that he's about to be quoted extensively on ESPfuckingN.com and reference his position with the BSD website.

Wait, who is this Mundy cat and when did Ish/slothrop stop running Blogger So Dear?

We're all still somewhat involved but having a career that demands way too much of my time has limited my involvement a lot the past couple years. JM has stepped in and handled the day to day stuff along with doofus and a couple others.

I'm basically the chief of Twitter and edit what I can. And order koozies. You know, the important stuff.

Last edited:
His opinion notwithstanding, that is super bizarre and amateur hour of the dude not to give his BSD colleagues a heads-up that he's about to be quoted extensively on ESPfuckingN.com and reference his position with the BSD website.

Our managing editor was aware that I had been asked for my personal opinion about the Wellman/[Redacted] situation for a story on the ESPN.com site. Please do not insinuate that anything was done in an underhanded manner. I draw the line there. Please simply call me names and/or disagree with my opinion.

Seriously, I can't believe Mr. Ickman (RIP) let a saboteur into the ranks of BSD.

Why wouldn't you just email everybody on the site instead of just the managing editor?

Mundy is making BSD look like a tool for the AD.

Back