• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Animals In Ohio...

Heard on the radio that cops had shot like 30/48 of the animals. If they are hunters you know they are loving that. Not often you bag a Lion in Ohio. On the other hand, that must suck if you are an animal loving cop.

Lots of bad reporting on this, especially from big names like CNN. This local Ohio source says they've shot 25 throughout the night, some of which were around the body of the man when they found him:
http://www.fox8.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-animals-loosetre79i3cw-20111019,0,1360171.story

And they've been using tranquilizers since the morning to subdue the rest of the animals.

they should not shoot and kill any of the endangered animals.

Sad that the authorities are not even attempting to capture some of these animals... orders are shoot to kill on sight.

gcvr111019exoticanimals.jpg

Sad that the authorities are not even attempting to capture some of these animals... orders are shoot to kill on sight.

See the article I posted above...that order stood through the night because that was the best option available. Now that they've had time, the sun has come up, and they have been able to track down the correct tranq guns, the orders have changed.

I'm sure the grizzlies, tigers, and lions are the main priority. Everything else is very unlikely to hurt anybody, There's almost no way to "capture" a lion or tiger on the loose. Even tranqing it would be extremely dangerous. A tiger could take your head off in about half a second.

I hope they are able to tranq and capture some of the animals for zoos instead of killing all of them. But whatever is safest, is most important.

Its definitely not, but the parallels are quite funny. If the animals could sing, I'm sure this is the song they'd be singing.

Absolutely, that I will give you.

if I can one-up your geekness, the whole situation does ring of Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 1 Movement 3 though:

640px-Schwind_Begraebnis.jpg

:geek:

ETA: courtesy of Dr. Brian Gorelick for this juicy nugget of knowledge

Heard on the radio that cops had shot like 30/48 of the animals. If they are hunters you know they are loving that. Not often you bag a Lion in Ohio. On the other hand, that must suck if you are an animal loving cop.

I am a huge hunter and this is more sad than anything. The animals deserve better than this fate.

unfortunately on a scale like this you almost have to kill the animals. Public safety is a huge concern when there are lions and tigers running around. Zanesville OH probably doesn't have the manpower to call in a bunch of people to come tranq all these animals. Also, if a cop had a chance to kill the tiger but didn't because he was waiting on a tranq gun and then the tiger gets away and kills some kid in the meantime then people would go freaking nuts.

Also, if a cop had a chance to kill the tiger but didn't because he was waiting on a tranq gun and then the tiger gets away and kills some kid in the meantime then people would go freaking nuts.

:werd:

unfortunately on a scale like this you almost have to kill the animals. Public safety is a huge concern when there are lions and tigers running around. Zanesville OH probably doesn't have the manpower to call in a bunch of people to come tranq all these animals. Also, if a cop had a chance to kill the tiger but didn't because he was waiting on a tranq gun and then the tiger gets away and kills some kid in the meantime then people would go freaking nuts.

Oh I understand all of this. The dumbass should have called the authorties, announced his suicide intentions and then killed himself. Letting the animals out was their death sentence and that was not fair to them.

Back