• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Animals In Ohio...

Are we sure that this isn't the rise of the planet of the apes?

Wasn't there an exotic animal owner in Ohio who died during sex a few months ago? With some weird equipment on? I don't want to bother googling "sex Ohio exotic animals" but I think I remember that too. Wonder if he knew this guy.

Update: only a wolf and monkey are loose now.

The Humane Society of the United States urged Ohio officials Wednesday to issue an emergency rule to crack down on exotic animal ownership.

A previous emergency order issued by then-Gov. Ted Strickland that prohibited people convicted of animal cruelty from owning exotic animals expired in April.

The Humane Society said Thompson "would almost certainly have had his animals removed by May 1, 2011, if the emergency order had not expired."

"Every month brings a new, bizarre, almost surreal incident involving privately held, dangerous wild animals," said Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of the Humane Society. "In recent years, Ohioans have died and suffered injuries because the state hasn't stopped private citizens from keeping dangerous wild animals as pets or as roadside attractions. Owners of large, exotic animals are a menace to society, and it's time for the delaying on the rule-making to end."

Can't argue with that.

I would wreck my car if I saw this sign.

4a4e9cfbfde4449b80ed2fc4bad15f1b-Photo-4-512x325.jpg

"I looked outside and it was the fucking king of the jungle man."

I am from about an hour from Zanesville (or 40 minutes by cheetah) and I really hope some people got pictures of this. Something the likes of which you'll probably never see again there.

It's unfortunate that they had to shoot the animals, though. Too bad they couldn't just tranquilize them, but I rather doubt Muskingum County has a whole lot of lion-grade tranquilizer just lying around in the back of the station waiting for 4 dozen large animals to happen by.

those cops up in Muskingum are going to be telling big stories about this for the rest of their lives.

This shit is fucking crazy. I don't know how lion got into the neighborhood. I heard some growlin' and shit. So my roommate and I, we go to check this shit out. I look up in the tree, and there's the fucking king of the jungle! It was staring right at me. I almost shit my fucking pants. So I ran inside and called the 5-0.

Investigation now suggests murder over suicide. Apparently the dude had some really rare mammal and had been in negotiations to sell. That particular animal seems to have vanished and his cage was unharmed. Interesting..... Someone call Ace Ventura!

Investigation now suggests murder over suicide. Apparently the dude had some really rare mammal and had been in negotiations to sell. That particular animal seems to have vanished and his cage was unharmed. Interesting..... Someone call Ace Ventura!

Finkle is Einhorn!

This shit is fucking crazy. I don't know how lion got into the neighborhood. I heard some growlin' and shit. So my roommate and I, we go to check this shit out. I look up in the tree, and there's the fucking king of the jungle! It was staring right at me. I almost shit my fucking pants. So I ran inside and called the 5-0.

So appropriate. Posrep incoming.

Back