• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Smith Seahawks have an excellent D may be close though

As a Bradshaw owner in all of my leagues, I really hope Brown doesn't take his carries moving forward. I was too arrogant to take Brown off waivers as a handcuff...now I am stuck starting crap like Hillis and Leshoure this week.

Smith Seahawks have an excellent D may be close though

I drafted them, let them go for matchups (Cincy vs. Cleveland) then picked them back up as a FA. I'll just hope for a pick 6 or something vs. Green Bay. Their schedule up to the bye is favorable.

Down 9 points after last night going Eli vs. Andre Brown. Screw me.

Which guy is the better Flex option?

Greg Jennings (coming off injury) on Monday night AT Seattle
or
Jamaal Charles (also coming off injury) vs New Orleans?

I also have James Jones stocked away on my bench, should I choose Jennings and then he is inactive on Monday night for a quick switch to Jones.

I also have Jordy Nelson..... so I have the Packers WRs pretty well covered.

Which guy is the better Flex option?

Greg Jennings (coming off injury) on Monday night AT Seattle
or
Jamaal Charles (also coming off injury) vs New Orleans?

I also have James Jones stocked away on my bench, should I choose Jennings and then he is inactive on Monday night for a quick switch to Jones.

I also have Jordy Nelson..... so I have the Packers WRs pretty well covered.

I like Jamaal Charles out of those options. Going against the Saints run D, I think he's gonna have a big game. He could have gone in the second half of Week 2, but the coaching staff held him out because they were already down big and the run game wasn't working so they just abandoned it. I also think that because Hillis and Draughn didn't show much in his absence, he's due for more carries this week.

Was leaning heavy Charles before, but wanted to make sure that wasn't just my Longhorn bias coming into play. You said everything I was thinking. Cheers.

I drafted them, let them go for matchups (Cincy vs. Cleveland) then picked them back up as a FA. I'll just hope for a pick 6 or something vs. Green Bay. Their schedule up to the bye is favorable.

Down 9 points after last night going Eli vs. Andre Brown. Screw me.

Did the same thing. SEA ended up scoring 17 last week against Dallas and Cinci put up 4 against Cleveland, so never again will I drop them for a matchup based D. I am down 8-4 already with Cruz having a stinker of a game, so I need all the points I can get from my defense this week.

I like Jamaal Charles out of those options. Going against the Saints run D, I think he's gonna have a big game. He could have gone in the second half of Week 2, but the coaching staff held him out because they were already down big and the run game wasn't working so they just abandoned it. I also think that because Hillis and Draughn didn't show much in his absence, he's due for more carries this week.

I have no faith in Charles. I have Nelson and plan to start him. He is due for a big game, but he's been super steady so far this season even if he hasn't put up any huge numbers yet.

I have no faith in Charles. I have Nelson and plan to start him. He is due for a big game, but he's been super steady so far this season even if he hasn't put up any huge numbers yet.

All Green Bay receivers (including TEs) make me nervous because they spread the ball all over the damn field. It's impossible to pretend which one will get more targets/endzone targets/etc.

Should I even play Chris Johnson this week against the Lions. My other option is Jonathan Dwyer against Oakland. Also, if I keep CJ in, what should I do with my flex position. I currently have Mark Ingram against KC, but could put in Mike Williams at WR against the Cowboys or use Dwyer against Oakland or Santonio Holmes against Miami.

TE: Bennett or Pettigrew

Feel like this decision will dictate what I do going forward. Bennett getting tons of red zone looks.

TE: Bennett or Pettigrew

Feel like this decision will dictate what I do going forward. Bennett getting tons of red zone looks.

If you are talking Martellus (sp?) too late. But he should play every week.

All Green Bay receivers (including TEs) make me nervous because they spread the ball all over the damn field. It's impossible to pretend which one will get more targets/endzone targets/etc.

Which is why I picked up Bennett along with Finley. I hate having 2 TE but I like more certainty.

Regarding CJ you need to ride him unless you have a better option than Dwyer sitting on the bench, especially if you are in PPR league. The Lions have given up more than 200 yards rushing and CJ will eventually get his looks. Heck, he ran for more than 1000 yards and caught more than 50 balls last year and that was a down year where he started very slow because of the holdout. Yes, the Titans line sucks but Pittsburgh's o-line is awful pretty sad and Dwyer is an injured (turf toe) plunderer.

Which is why I picked up Bennett along with Finley. I hate having 2 TE but I like more certainty.

Bennett is money. New England receivers suffer from the same problems as the Green Bay guys. Gronk will get his but Brady and Coach Bill will spread the ball out of 8 other guys other than Gronk.

Need some help with my RB and flex picks this weekend.

I have picked this just quickly glancing at it.. But I can't afford to mess up my lineup..

QB Vick
WR Calvin Johnson
WR aj green
WR d. Thomas (Denver)
RB b. green Ellis
RB Ryan Mathews Q
TE Witten
Flex miles Austin

Bench:
Sean green (nyj)
Danny Amendola
Kevin smith
Fred Jackson (out)
Other scrubs

Should I swap green Ellis for one of my bench players? Is Amendola a good risk to take over Miles?

Any help is appreciated.. I haven't had time to look at much this week.

Back