• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Need some help with my RB and flex picks this weekend.

I have picked this just quickly glancing at it.. But I can't afford to mess up my lineup..

QB Vick
WR Calvin Johnson
WR aj green
WR d. Thomas (Denver)
RB b. green Ellis
RB Ryan Mathews Q
TE Witten
Flex miles Austin

Bench:
Sean green (nyj)
Danny Amendola
Kevin smith
Fred Jackson (out)
Other scrubs

Should I swap green Ellis for one of my bench players? Is Amendola a good risk to take over Miles?

Any help is appreciated.. I haven't had time to look at much this week.

I'd keep Ellis. If your league is PPR then I like Amendola over Miles for sure. Otherwise I'd say it's up to your gut feeling as TB is a good matchup for Miles. I'd go with Amendola but that may just be me.

Agh...

Jordy Nelson @SEA
OR
Mike Wallace @OAK

I feel like Mike Wallace is a better pick, but surely GB is going to get the passing game going soon and Nelson is the most targeted receiver on their team.

ETA: Non-PPR

Last edited:
Agh...

Jordy Nelson @SEA
OR
Mike Wallace @OAK

I feel like Mike Wallace is a better pick, but surely GB is going to get the passing game going soon and Nelson is the most targeted receiver on their team.

ETA: Non-PPR

i'd probably go Wallace today. only because while I like Nelson more, the Pack still spread the ball out a lot vs. the Steelers we pretty much go to Wallace and Brown. also i think the seahawks D is much better than the Raiders D. but i don't think you could go wrong with either. who else do you have at WR that one of these won't be in your lineup?

Vick vs. Arizona or Alex Smith vs. Minnesota or Andy Dalton vs. Washington?

PPR League. Pick three out of: Adrian Peterson (against SF, ugh), Darren Sproles (KC), Michael Bush (StL), Demaryius Thomas (Hou)

PPR League. Pick three out of: Adrian Peterson (against SF, ugh), Darren Sproles (KC), Michael Bush (StL), Demaryius Thomas (Hou)

is Forte still hurt? if so i'd leave out AD as strange as that sounds. people can't run against the Niners

is Forte still hurt? if so i'd leave out AD as strange as that sounds. people can't run against the Niners

yeah, Forte is out. I'm leaning towards the three running backs and sitting Thomas, since Houston's D is so good. AP is going against the best D in the league, but his workload is supposed to go way up this week so he could still get the yards and a TD

Pick 3 out of Torrey Smith, Harvin, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Brown. Also, I heard on the radio that Torrey Smith's brother died today or yesterday and he might not play tonight, it'll be his decision

Pick 3 out of Torrey Smith, Harvin, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Brown. Also, I heard on the radio that Torrey Smith's brother died today or yesterday and he might not play tonight, it'll be his decision

Smith/Harvin/Brown.

They just send on Fantasy Focus that Smith wants to play.

Stephen Jackson on a bum groin or Lance Moore? Thoughts?

Same question for me except with Randall Cobb as the other option.

I think I'm gonna start Jackson and hope for the best.

I want to and currently plan on starting Mikel Leshoure instead of Darren McFadden. I just don't feel like RunDMC can move the ball against Pitt if he can't against SD or Miami, his role in the catching game nonwithstanding (non PPR league). Am I crazy? Also Leshoure is officially getting the start today over Kevin Smith in a game I expect the Lions to dominate (ie running the ball a lot late to run out the clock).

Edit: Also, should I replace Gates with Scott Chandler?

Last edited:
i'd probably go Wallace today. only because while I like Nelson more, the Pack still spread the ball out a lot vs. the Steelers we pretty much go to Wallace and Brown. also i think the seahawks D is much better than the Raiders D. but i don't think you could go wrong with either. who else do you have at WR that one of these won't be in your lineup?

It's my league with my buddies where they had the craziest draft strategies...so I ended up with Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson and Mike Wallace...starting Austin/Johnson at WR and the other choice at Flex

yeah, Forte is out. I'm leaning towards the three running backs and sitting Thomas, since Houston's D is so good. AP is going against the best D in the league, but his workload is supposed to go way up this week so he could still get the yards and a TD

Thomas is one of the highest scoring receivers in fantasy right now. Just throwing that out there. Also I think Peyton will be throwing a lot since they'll be down.

Thomas is one of the highest scoring receivers in fantasy right now. Just throwing that out there. Also I think Peyton will be throwing a lot since they'll be down.

Yeah, I've been riding him last two weeks, but it's hard to sit Sproles (13 catches last week) in a PPR league, especially since he's going up against shitty KC. Maybe sitting Peterson IS the move...

Marshawn Lynch (GB) or Michael Bush (STL).

Just worried that GB could get up big on this one and Seattle could abandon the running game. Thoughts?

two of these three.

Ridley NE
Welker NE
Amendola StL

I want to and currently plan on starting Mikel Leshoure instead of Darren McFadden. I just don't feel like RunDMC can move the ball against Pitt if he can't against SD or Miami, his role in the catching game nonwithstanding (non PPR league). Am I crazy? Also Leshoure is officially getting the start today over Kevin Smith in a game I expect the Lions to dominate (ie running the ball a lot late to run out the clock).

Edit: Also, should I replace Gates with Scott Chandler?

re-asking this cause it got bumped up and it involves the early games

Back