• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Sit or play? I need to start 2 of these WR but I can't make up my mind who I want
A. Alexander (SD) vs Cin
Eric Decker (Den) vs. TB
T.Y. Hilton (Ind) vs Det
Cecil Shorts (Jac) vs Buf

unc, looks like you gotta go with Wallace

Alexander has been a stud. My initial thought is Alexander and Decker.

Looks like I'm making a last second switch to DeAngelo Williams over Beanie, Denarius Moore, and Dallas Clark. I feel like a donk, but Stewart is out and KC run defense sucks.

I need 49 points from RGIII, Cruz, and Tynes tonight to win and make the playoffs. I hope it's a shootout.

I either need:

Bradhsaw to score 12 points for the W

Nicks + 37 points > RG3 and Garcon to knock out someone with the same record (I have more points)

I hate having to root against the Skins, but how about a 3-0 Skins win??

I either need:

Bradhsaw to score 12 points for the W

Nicks + 37 points > RG3 and Garcon to knock out someone with the same record (I have more points)

I hate having to root against the Skins, but how about a 3-0 Skins win??
Just root for Morris and Bradshaw to have epic nights. That way the Skins can win but your fantasy team is okay too.

I've got Eli vs. Cruz + Morris + 9.2 tonight against Jaybone.

If I had played Myers over Finley (19 vs. 6) and Jackson over Blackmon at flex (11.7 vs. 0.9), I'd be in feeling better right now.

I lost but I am still playoff bound if Ahmad Bradshaw scores less than 21 and the guy who owns him loses this week. I shouldn't go to the playoffs though with the team I currently have.

Alright, to make the playoffs, I need RGIII to outscore Moss by 11 to win my game and outscore score Cruz by 15 and some change to win the tie breaker. Not looking good. Where's a 76 yd TD run when you need one?

I'm out of the playoffs by 4 points, after playing my roster as perfectly as it could be played tonight/this weekend (nobody with higher points on my bench). All because the Cowboys defense shit the bed against the Eagles sans Vick/McCoy/Maclin.

I have a newfound hatred for the Cowgirls. I already despised that dumpster fire of a drama queen show, this just adds fuel to the fire.

I'm out of the playoffs by 4 points, after playing my roster as perfectly as it could be played tonight/this weekend (nobody with higher points on my bench). All because the Cowboys defense shit the bed against the Eagles sans Vick/McCoy/Maclin.

I have a newfound hatred for the Cowgirls. I already despised that dumpster fire of a drama queen show, this just adds fuel to the fire.

Ha, same exact thing happened to me. Had the playoffs locked up, and the shitty cowboy defense let Bryce fucking Brown go into beast mode.....Foles is the damn QB.....load the box cowboys.

Looks like I'll make the playoffs in 2 leagues and miss in another 2 leagues due to points tiebreakers. There's a five team 7-6 logjam for the last playoff spot in Pit2 but I have the second lowest points total of the group. I wish there was a way to have mini play-in games to settle tiebreakers, rather than 'total points' or 'head-to-head'. For instance, having the play-in game as the team to score the highest number of points in the final week (only for eligible teams) would be pretty cool. Sure, some would argue this is basically the same as 'total points', but this puts more emphasis on rewarding the hot teams. Sour grapes rant over.

Looks like I'll make the playoffs in 2 leagues and miss in another 2 leagues due to points tiebreakers. There's a five team 7-6 logjam for the last playoff spot in Pit2 but I have the second lowest points total of the group. I wish there was a way to have mini play-in games to settle tiebreakers, rather than 'total points' or 'head-to-head'. For instance, having the play-in game as the team to score the highest number of points in the final week (only for eligible teams) would be pretty cool. Sure, some would argue this is basically the same as 'total points', but this puts more emphasis on rewarding the hot teams. Sour grapes rant over.

I'm at the bottom of a 4-way 7-6 tie, and I won the head-to-head against all 3, but points is the tie-breaker. Sucks

I need 49 points from RGIII, Cruz, and Tynes tonight to win and make the playoffs. I hope it's a shootout.

Won by 1.13 points to get into the tournament. Now, as KG said - Anything is possible!

I have Fitzpatrick and Rivers as QB in one league. Should I drop one to pick up Weeden. Has favorable matchups the next two weeks (which would include playoffs week 1)

My league semi-finals are this weekend. Two questions:

1. Should I start RGIII (Bal) or Drew Brees (@NYG)?

2. Which two out of these four should I start?

-Chris Givens (@Buf)
-Josh Gordan (KC)
-Steve Johnson (Stl)
-Dwayne Bowe (@Cle)

Broncos D (vs. Oak, ESPN projected 5 pts) or Steelers D (vs. SD, ESPN projected 7 pts)?

I'm leaning towards the Broncos who held Oakland (with a healthy Darren McFadden) to 54 rushing yards and just 6 pts in Week 4, but the Chargers are garbage and might have already given up on the season...

Need to pick 3 of these 4 stud RBs: Rice @ Was, CJ2K @ Indy, Richardson vs KC, Martin vs Philly. Leaning towards benching CJ because I still don't trust him but he's killed Indy in the past.

Also, Cobb vs Detroit or Torrey Smith @ Washington?

Also also,
Broncos D (vs. Oak, ESPN projected 5 pts) or Steelers D (vs. SD, ESPN projected 7 pts)?

I'm leaning towards the Broncos who held Oakland (with a healthy Darren McFadden) to 54 rushing yards and just 6 pts in Week 4, but the Chargers are garbage and might have already given up on the season...

I would roll Broncos

Got plenty of questions this week on who I should start. This is the lineup I'm thinking about...

QB: Romo(DAL)
RB: A. Foster (Hou)
RB: A. Morris (Wsh)
Rb/WR: B. Brown (Phi)
WR: TY Hilton (Ind)
WR: G. Tate (Sea)
TE: Witten (Dal)
D/St: Patriots
K: C. Barth TB

I'm trying to think if I should risk it and put in R. Wilson instead of Romo but Wilson is facing Ari and their at least decent on D. While Romo is facing Cinny. Both have been throwing up great numbers lately

Also da fuq has happened to Eric Decker? Did he piss Manning off or something? Dude's been a ghost past few weeks.

Back