• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Someone dropped Phillip Rivers. I assume he's worth getting over Jake Locker? I mean, my QBs have screwed me all year. Rivers isn't what he used to be but I assume he's an upgrade over Jake Locker or Ponder.

Stafford in the 3rd round of a 10-team league or more is great value for what was expected, and I still think a pretty good decision. Take a look at your draft results and see who else you honestly may have taken? Chances are I'd take Stafford over a couple of those.

Yeah, he was one of the top QBs in my draft as well. I didn't expect him to repeat his last year's performance, but I also didn't expect him to struggle like he has.

Stafford in the 3rd round of a 10-team league or more is great value for what was expected, and I still think a pretty good decision. Take a look at your draft results and see who else you honestly may have taken? Chances are I'd take Stafford over a couple of those.
I hope you are right. RGIII and Matt Ryan are better for sure, Eli and Peyton are debatable. It just sucks passing on Roddy White, AJ Green type players in the 3rd when I could've landed a decent starting QB in a much later round.

Detroit's defense is not going to get any better. Their secondary is atrocious. I do expect their offense to get better, though. Hopefully we see more of the LeShoure from Week 3 rather than Week 4, and that'll open up options for Stafford. Being behind in most games will definitely help as well.

They have also played 3 top half passing defenses, and the other was the crazy Titans game. Unfortunately, their next 3 opponents are top 10 in passing D.

I still think he will be a good fantasy qb, but if you have the chance to sell him to an optimistic bidder, might be worth it.

I got fucked trusting Barden last night, though I didn't have too many options with FJax hurt. Up 8.5 points with my opponent owning Bears defense.

Um, go cowboys (on offense)?

This needs a post of its own. If you have Stafford, I recommend trading him. I know what I just said but holy crap, look at this schedule. These are his opponent pass D ranks. All but two of his remaining opponents have top 10 passing defenses. That's insane.

@3
@6
v10
@22
@8
v1
v4
v14
@1
@9
v7
v6

down 7 heading into tonight. i have 2 of Murray, Dez, and Forte. They have Michael bush

Planning on going with the two cowboys since if Forte does play, Bush losing carries helps out as much as playing Forte does. If Forte doesn't play, huge turn around of me starting him and Bush going off.

Feeling good about my chances

Would you guys trade Rodgers for RG3 in a keeper league where Griffin is keeper-eligible? Seems like they're fairly comparable but Rodgers may be starting to play like he did last season...

Would you guys trade Rodgers for RG3 in a keeper league where Griffin is keeper-eligible? Seems like they're fairly comparable but Rodgers may be starting to play like he did last season...

I should add that in a perfect world I'd like to offer the trade closer to the deadline but he's getting other compelling offers for him and I'd have to pull the trigger now...

Rodgers isn't keeper eligible?

Got another one:

In most FF playoffs weeks (14-16), Frank Gore goes against 3 teams all ranked top 5 in Run D.

Miami (4), New England (5), and Seattle (2).

Down 73 points going into tonight. I've got Romo, Murray and Bailey from the Boys and Marshall from the Bears going. He is done.

I don't like my chances too much...

Geez, you're a homer. Did you try to draft some ManU players to that team, too?

I got fucked trusting Barden last night, though I didn't have too many options with FJax hurt. Up 8.5 points with my opponent owning Bears defense.

Um, go cowboys (on offense)?

I need about 75 from Romo in a standard league to get the W after my opponent put up a team that was a WR2, a K and a DEF away from being the "perfect" fantasy team this week. So yea, go Cowboys offense, I need a Romo TD pass on basically every possession haha.

I need 35 points from Jason Witten in one league and 42 points from Jay Cutler in another Facepalm

Geez, you're a homer. Did you try to draft some ManU players to that team, too?

In my defense... DeMarco was a keeper from last season. I only had to give up a 10th rounder for him. That's a no brainer.

Romo was a homer pick, no doubt. And I just rotate kickers week to week. I think Dallas drives and gets FGs tonight instead of punching it into the endzone.

Shinji Kagawa was, sadly, unavailable.

The last play epitomizes what I hate about fantasy football.

Gould + 0.5 vs. Chicago D + Dez Bryant.

Here's me: "No, no, don't sack Romo! Yes! Ah man, it's another point for Dez Bryant. But that's closer to a TD against the Chicago D!"

Ouch. This is before I learned that the Chicago TD was a defensive TD.

After years of having teams near the top of scoring with mediocre records, I am finally getting some payback. 8th in one league in scoring but 4-0 since my points against are almost 100 less than 9th place.

Back