• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Antwan Scott visiting North Korea with Dennis Rodman

Love Twan, but too bad he seems to be sniffing glue if he thinks these "goodwill" visits are nothing but a PR stunt and personal entertainment for an asshole dictator.

Love Twan, but too bad he seems to be sniffing glue if he thinks these "goodwill" visits are nothing but a PR stunt and personal entertainment for an asshole dictator.

They helped get VICE cameras into North Korea last year (or in 2012, I can't remember which.)

"They're gonna be real strict about us taking pictures. Like, we are told if we take pictures of certain things, they can take our phones or camera and delete 'em," said Scott.

Dude...you better hope that's all they do. Are you fucking crazy? Who the fuck would go there, willingly? Oh that's right, assholes like Dennis Rodman who will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight.

One of my alltime favorite Deacs. Wish he could have played for Prosser and not Odom.

He's going to play basketball for a murderous dictator. I've got nothing but love for Antwan, but I'm not sure how he thinks this will help bring about peace.

i read "the orphan master's son" on vacation a couple months ago, and i am now fascinated by DPRK. highly recommend the book.

"They're gonna be real strict about us taking pictures. Like, we are told if we take pictures of certain things, they can take our phones or camera and delete 'em," said Scott.

Dude...you better hope that's all they do. Are you fucking crazy? Who the fuck would go there, willingly? Oh that's right, assholes like Dennis Rodman who will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight.

Tons of people go there willingly because they love to travel and see parts of the world that are vastly different than their own.

weird, I was googling travel to North Korea like 2 hours ago as I was curious. Less than 2500 americans have gone in the past 60 years? That sounds like something to try.

What is a VICE camera?

Just another one of HBO's ridiculously genius shows. VICE has apparently been around forever but HBO picked them up and basically let them show a 60 min "docushow" every week. Rodman to korea was supposed to be there big finale (which was pretty cool for anyone who saw the scene of 100's of "students" "allowed" to use the internet but were just staring at a blank google screen) but my favorite was when they went to China's "Ghost Towns." They take you inside the biggest and craziest news stories around the world, never shown and sometimes never told.

Perhaps these trips will somehow "open" up the country to more of these types of media and press endeavors so we can learn more about their govt. But there is a reason they are highly isolationist and antagonistic. I feel so bad for their innocent civilians to have to live under such a restrictive govt reign.

Tons of people go there willingly because they love to travel and see parts of the world that are vastly different than their own.

And "tons of people" live and die there under horrific conditions. Unwillingly. Like just about all of them.

Back