• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Antwan Scott visiting North Korea with Dennis Rodman

Yeah. A Scott not feeling too good. Maybe jet lag. Or maybe jet what the hell am I doing in North Korea with Dennis Rodman lag.

No doubt, let's hope Dennis' antics don't get his team detained or cavity searched for contraband before departure from that God-forsaken place.

Hardly anyone gets in to North Korea, so Antwan took the opportunity to do something that few people get the chance to do, and is getting paid to do it. Yes, there is minimal risk, but what isn't there risk in that is worth doing? Plus, it would be awesome if he came back and presented a counterpoint for Rodman's views. Probably won't happen, but it would be very interesting.

Hardly anyone gets in to North Korea, so Antwan took the opportunity to do something that few people get the chance to do, and is getting paid to do it. Yes, there is minimal risk, but what isn't there risk in that is worth doing? Plus, it would be awesome if he came back and presented a counterpoint for Rodman's views. Probably won't happen, but it would be very interesting.

Hardly anyone gets out of NK either. Nice try.

Hardly anyone gets out of NK either. Nice try.

I know Kim Jong Un is perhaps completely insane, but even he would see how horrible it would be to detain part of this group. Rodman is the only notable person in the world saying positive things about Kim Jong Un, and surely he wouldn't spoil that.

Mike Tyson interviewed on a Philly sports radio station today, a classic BTW, ...he said Rodman 'Committed Treason'

Love it, even Mike Friggin Tyson thinks your a deuschebag

Mike Tyson interviewed on a Philly sports radio station today, a classic BTW, ...he said Rodman 'Committed Treason'

Love it, even Mike Friggin Tyson thinks your a deuschebag

So... on a Philly sports (1) radio station, Mike Tyson (2) commented on Dennis Rodman (3) commenting on North Korea (4).

Coming up after the commercial break: WF AD Ron Wellman is on-the-air with us to discuss the contract extension for men's head basketball coach, Jeff Bzedlik.

I can't think of many sentences in which North Korea is the least crazy and dangerous noun.

I can't think of many sentences in which North Korea is the least crazy and dangerous noun.

I'd say NK is in a tight battle for 2nd for the 'least twisted' award out of the four. In a Cinderella story, the rapist and quasi-cannibal somehow wins that designation walking away.

I'd say NK is in a tight battle for 2nd for the 'least twisted' award out of the four. In a Cinderella story, the rapist and quasi-cannibal somehow wins that designation walking away.

You must not know much about the DPRK

Last edited:
Dennis Rodman sorry: 'Not my fault'

BEIJING -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman apologized on Monday for not being able to help an American missionary detained in North Korea during Rodman's trip there to organize and play in a game to celebrate the birthday of his friend and leader Kim Jong Un.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything," Rodman told media on his arrival at the Beijing airport from a weeklong trip. "It's not my fault. I'm sorry. I just want to do some good stuff, that's all I want to do."

He said he would return to North Korea next month but gave no details.

Rodman and the squad of retired NBA players and streetballers he took to North Korea for an exhibition game marking Kim's birthday have met with criticism in the U.S. because of North Korea's human rights record and its development of nuclear weapons.

Rodman was also slammed for not using his access to Kim to help free Kenneth Bae, a missionary in poor health who has been detained for more than a year for "anti-state crimes."

Rodman apologized last week for comments he made in a CNN interview implying Bae was at fault, saying he had been drinking and was upset because some of his teammates were leaving under pressure.

On Monday, Rodman repeated that his trip -- in which he sang "Happy Birthday" to Kim before the game at a Pyongyang arena -- was one of goodwill.

"This is not a bad deal," he said. "I want to show people that no matter what's going on in the world, for one day, just one day, no politics, not all that stuff.

"I'm sorry for all the people and what's going on, I'm sorry. I'm not the president, I'm not an ambassador, I'm just an individual that wants to show the world the fact that we can actually get along and be happy for one day."

Rodman and Kim struck up a friendship when the basketball player-turned-celebrity first traveled to the secretive state last year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...logizes-not-helping-us-missionary-north-korea

"This is not a bad deal," he said. "I want to show people that no matter what's going on in the world, for one day, just one day, no politics, not all that stuff.

"I'm sorry for all the people and what's going on, I'm sorry. I'm not the president, I'm not an ambassador, I'm just an individual that wants to show the world the fact that we can actually get along and be happy for one day."

I thought Dennis might have had his wake-up call in the weeks leading up to the recent trip with the Jang Sung-taek news breaking. Obviously that didn't happen...

Anybody want to give me some odds on Rodman starting WWIII?

There's no such thing as bad publicity unless you go to North Korea to entertain a dictator. That's what I always say.

There's no such thing as bad publicity unless you go to North Korea to entertain a dictator. That's what I always say.

I think there's an exception to that rule if the dictator is in the middle of purging top-ranking officials to consolidate power.

Hell, everybody needs their entertainment after they order the execution of family members... that shit's taxing.

Unfortunately even this publicity has increased Rodman's notoriety. It's true what they say.

He realizes that he's literally a modern court (pun intended) jester, right?

rodmanclown.jpg

Back