• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any Richmond Deacs here?

Well, some people mentioned some I was thinking of. Granted, I didn't play nearly as much when I was in Richmond (2007-2010 and birth-18 years old), and I'm better now than I was, but if you were to take any $60/round course in Richmond and compare it to a $60 course in NoVA (where I live now), Richmond is gonna win hands down (and most courses are much closer than a 45 minute drive, like up here...). I played Independence a couple times on southside which is nice, I remember Hunting Hawk being ok in the west end, I remember Royal New Kent being fun, and the First Tee in the middle of the city has a ton of grass tees that were usually in good shape and cheap range balls. Haven't played The Crossings in years, but I liked that place too.

I can't imagine most of the country clubs have a $75k initiation fee either, like the nicer places up here :eek:
Yeah, guess it's all relative. Definitely better options than NoVa but compared to most other areas in the South, options aren't that great.

Hunting Hawk is becoming my home course, with occasionally going to Viniterra, Crossings and Independence.

Back