• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any Richmond Deacs here?

I miss covering the nightly shootings from either Church Hill, Gilpin Court or Bellemeade. Living in the Fan was cool, even if I was broke all the time.

I lived there a few years. I havent been back in a long while.

Pros:

Live in the fan and walk to everything. We walked to a ton of bars and restos all the time. Who knows if they are still around but my haunts were Sidewalks, Buddys, First St Brewery? Banditos. All good spots.

Cons:

95% of the row houses / condos etc that you would want to rent or buy in the cool intown neighborhoods are like 1000 years old.

Richmond is full of preppy republican dbags and chicks that dont put out. People that are from there are more or less insuffrable. Virginia as a whole is not full of attractive peoples.

We have missed you so bad though. Please tell us how chill the new Daft Punk is, we've been stuck listening to Dave Matthews for 20 years here.

If some stiff tells you they're from a first family of Virginia, went to St Chris and UVa, get away from them as soon as possible unless you're into pompous a-holes. The neon orange cords with the the little swords on them and the orange and blue bow tie are dead giveaways. Country Club of Virginia is pretty nice as long as you're not Black or Jewish. Was at a party in Windsor Farms and the hostess (in her mid-20s) introduced herself as Mrs Thurston Howell Jefferson Washington Lee VII. She didn't seemed too stoked when I asked her if she had a first name. Was straight out of The Help.

I love so, so much in this post.

Calm down Sally. Like I said I more or less enjoyed my time in Dicktown. Most of my WFU friends that were in and out of there at the time were the Collegiate / St. Chris / St. Cath crowd, and while I enjoyed hanging with them, their friends from those crowds were rough. Sort of like hanging out with Lindsey Graham in 24 year old bodies.

The fan bars/scene was fun, but you cant say that Richmond has great girls for an East Coast city. The downtown Shockoe PowerBottom clubs were pretty cheesy and mostly full of St. Pete bridge and tunnel types.

Richmond also doesnt have much of a counter culture or music scene. There were one or two bars down by VCU that had live acts every now and again that werent DMB cover bands, but that was about it. I will say that Need Supply on Cary is an excellent indie mens clothing / denim store. Probably one of the top ones on the east coast. I still get their emails and occasionally buy from there.

WTF are you talking about? GWAR and Avail say hi.

There are a tremendous amount of attractive, intellectual women obviously not dumb enough to fall for your deal closing charm.

You are simply wrong. and Richmond does not miss you.

And I'll calm down when you stop sending me PM's like this "the other scandal is your mom's continued interracial prostitution"

Last edited:
No, but that was when your mom started selling her bhole for 6 pence in the basement of the Jefferson Hotel.

I hope you show your face in this city again you fucking cunt.

It was recently selected the best US river city by Outside magazine.

Richmond is an absolute shithole because my in-laws live there!

Otherwise, I enjoy visiting a lot. ;)

There used to be a nice restaurant, Traveler's (named after Robert E Lee's horse), with a sweet ass bar in Shockoe Slip. Was in there one night after work with some friends and it wasn't too busy, so the bartender was kinda hanging out by us. He casually mentions y'all won't believe what happened over the weekend. He was mixing particularly strong drinks and giving us great service, so we didn't want to piss him off. One of the local TV reporters was moving to Cincinnati and had her going away party there. Things got a little out of hand and the guest of honor ended up passed out on the floor with one of her boobs flopped out. The bartender said, "It's not every day you get to see one of Miss America's titties up close". The reporter was Gretchen Carlson, now of Fox & Friends. Good thing cell phones didn't have cameras back then. Every time SNL does a parody of Fox & Friends I get multiple texts about it from the guys who were with me when we heard the bartender's story.

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? GWAR and Avail say hi.

There are a tremendous amount of attractive, intellectual women obviously not dumb enough to fall for your deal closing charm.

You are simply wrong. and Richmond does not miss you.

And I'll calm down when you stop sending me PM's like this "the other scandal is your mom's continued interracial prostitution"

GWAR. LUlz. That doesnt even deserve a response. That would have been an awful comeback in 1989?

Also, I've never sent you a PM. Why would I? Maybe some of those intellectual Robert E. Lee truther chicks can teach you how to work the intertubes.

I hope you show your face in this city again you fucking cunt.

Not planning on it, jizzmopper! Although you are probably from Short Pump anyway.

GWAR. LUlz. That doesnt even deserve a response. That would have been an awful comeback in 1989?

Also, I've never sent you a PM. Why would I? Maybe some of those intellectual Robert E. Lee truther chicks can teach you how to work the intertubes.

Not planning on it, jizzmopper! Although you are probably from Short Pump anyway.

Thread: Obama. Call him on it.

the other scandal is your mom's continued interracial prostitution

05-21-2013 05:36 PM

TheTwinAndreBen

Whatever

That is called neg rep, moron. Not a PM. I'll send you some more to reinforce the point. Those Petersburg public schools have really done their job.

That is called neg rep, moron. Not a PM. I'll send you some more to reinforce the point. Those Petersburg public schools have really done their job.

Feel free to never send me any form of communication again.

There used to be a nice restaurant, Traveler's (named after Robert E Lee's horse), with a sweet ass bar in Shockoe Slip. Was in there one night after work with some friends and it wasn't too busy, so the bartender was kinda hanging out by us. He casually mentions y'all won't believe what happened over the weekend. He was mixing particularly strong drinks and giving us great service, so we didn't want to piss him off. One of the local TV reporters was moving to Cincinnati and had her going away party there. Things got a little out of hand and the guest of honor ended up passed out on the floor with one of her boobs flopped out. The bartender said, "It's not every day you get to see one of Miss America's titties up close". The reporter was Gretchen Carlson, now of Fox & Friends. Good thing cell phones didn't have cameras back then. Every time SNL does a parody of Fox & Friends I get multiple texts about it from the guys who were with me when we heard the bartender's story.

That is an awesome story.

Well, TAB's personal issues aside, I grew up here and I can give you a fair view of the place.

It's got a weird mix of people--both the hipster art student crowd at VCU and the UVA country club deal. You've got some folks in between, obviously. It's also super segregated.

Public schools in the surrounding counties are pretty solid. Richmond City public schools aren't the best. The private schools mentioned before are great, and tend to send a couple students/year to Wake.

The food is great, and has gotten better each year since I've moved back after WF. Too many places to name but you've basically got enough options to try something new (and good) for weeks and weeks. Restaurant week a couple of times per year tends to help with the sampling. Food trucks downtown aren't bad.

Beer culture is great as well. Hardywood has new seasonal stuff every month, pretty much. They have a bunch of foodtrucks show up to the brewery and hundreds of people basically hang out outside each thursday and drink outside/in the warehouse. Legend has decent beer and a huge deck overlooking downtown/the river. Center of the Universe just opened up in Ashland, and a new one is going to open within the year.

The sports scene has been dominated by VCU bball in recent years. But outside of minor league baseball and soccer, you're looking at a 90 minute drive to DC for pro sports (which isn't that bad). Wake has played here consistently. That's a minus, Thanks Buzz. You're 45 mins from Charlottesville for UVA games (meh) and about 3.5 from Tech (more fun). Generally a pretty active city, though.

Music scene has been reliably good since The National got reopened a few years back. Off the top of my head, Cat Power, Silversun Pickups, The National (this Saturday), The XX, Metric, Best Coast, Tame Impala, Local Natives, Neutral Milk Hotel...etc etc. These have all either played here within the last few months or are scheduled for sometime soon. It's a great venue. For smaller shows, we've got a few other options like Canal Club, Strange Matter, The Camel.

It's cheap as hell to live here too. Any specific questions, just shoot me a PM.

I'll add that there's a fair amount of good, reasonably priced golf (compared to the DC area at least) within 30 minutes of Richmond in any given direction, if that matters to you. Some good summer-time festivals too, the Greek festival, Folk festival, watermelon festival (is fun for maybe 5 minutes, just get some watermelon sorbet and dip out).

Live in the Fan/Museum District if you're young/single/like going out.

Back