• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any Richmond Deacs here?

I'll add that there's a fair amount of good, reasonably priced golf (compared to the DC area at least) within 30 minutes of Richmond in any given direction, if that matters to you.

Ehh...I've struggled with finding good public courses. What are your go-to courses?

WTF are you talking about? GWAR and Avail say hi.

There are a tremendous amount of attractive, intellectual women obviously not dumb enough to fall for your deal closing charm.

You are simply wrong. and Richmond does not miss you.

And I'll calm down when you stop sending me PM's like this "the other scandal is your mom's continued interracial prostitution"

Richmond has too many 'good looking girls' that are above average looking girls but with personalities drastically below. I think that's the biggest issue.

this thread escalated quickly

yea it did but I don't get all the ONW hostility. must be going back a while.

that said I think Richmond is too much like this -

If some stiff tells you they're from a first family of Virginia, went to St Chris and UVa, get away from them as soon as possible unless you're into pompous a-holes. The neon orange cords with the the little swords on them and the orange and blue bow tie are dead giveaways. Country Club of Virginia is pretty nice as long as you're not Black or Jewish. Was at a party in Windsor Farms and the hostess (in her mid-20s) introduced herself as Mrs Thurston Howell Jefferson Washington Lee VII. She didn't seemed too stoked when I asked her if she had a first name. Was straight out of The Help.

My two cents; my daughter a nice New Jersey girl who went to JMU moved to Richmond 5 years ago when she graduated and loves the City. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I mean, how do you like your city is a pretty broad question. Narrow it down a bit??

The traffic pattern sucks for sure, and yes I'm standing outside missing future connecting flights. Bomb threats called in.

Haven't played it in a few years, but Royal New Kent (20 or so minutes east of town) is quite a beyotch of a course and fun in a masochistic way. But yeah, Richmond and Cville aren't the greatest cities for good and reasonable public golf.

There are definitely more attractive women in North Carolina, that's for sure. And I'm saying that as a native Virginian from the Shenandoah Valley.

Everything is heavier and more conservative in the Valley. Actually headed up that way tomorrow.

Ehh...I've struggled with finding good public courses. What are your go-to courses?

Well, some people mentioned some I was thinking of. Granted, I didn't play nearly as much when I was in Richmond (2007-2010 and birth-18 years old), and I'm better now than I was, but if you were to take any $60/round course in Richmond and compare it to a $60 course in NoVA (where I live now), Richmond is gonna win hands down (and most courses are much closer than a 45 minute drive, like up here...). I played Independence a couple times on southside which is nice, I remember Hunting Hawk being ok in the west end, I remember Royal New Kent being fun, and the First Tee in the middle of the city has a ton of grass tees that were usually in good shape and cheap range balls. Haven't played The Crossings in years, but I liked that place too.

I can't imagine most of the country clubs have a $75k initiation fee either, like the nicer places up here :eek:

There are definitely more attractive women in North Carolina, that's for sure. And I'm saying that as a native Virginian from the Shenandoah Valley.

Lol.

I'm sure people from Camden think that Philly is pretty safe and clean.

Well, some people mentioned some I was thinking of. Granted, I didn't play nearly as much when I was in Richmond (2007-2010 and birth-18 years old), and I'm better now than I was, but if you were to take any $60/round course in Richmond and compare it to a $60 course in NoVA (where I live now), Richmond is gonna win hands down (and most courses are much closer than a 45 minute drive, like up here...). I played Independence a couple times on southside which is nice, I remember Hunting Hawk being ok in the west end, I remember Royal New Kent being fun, and the First Tee in the middle of the city has a ton of grass tees that were usually in good shape and cheap range balls. Haven't played The Crossings in years, but I liked that place too.

I can't imagine most of the country clubs have a $75k initiation fee either, like the nicer places up here :eek:

Kinloch has a fee well over 100k.

Also, thanks for the rec for the Roosevelt. It was great.

Kinloch has a fee well over 100k.

Also, thanks for the rec for the Roosevelt. It was great.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm not surprised Kinloch is that expensive, but it's also likely considerably better/nicer than River Bend, Westwood, and Trump National up here (maybe I shouldn't say that as I haven't actually played any of them, but maybe someday...). It's certainly ranked higher.

Back