• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any streaming for the Brevard game tonight?

The issue with Coron will be his lack of size vs ACC 2s. He can flat out shoot the rock. The concerns are will he have problems getting it off vs ACC comp and how many will he give up at the other end? After all Spencer Jennings could shoot with the best of them in open gym.

Based off box scores from last year, I don't think he'll have much trouble getting off shots. I looked at RMU's schedule and it looked like they played 4 high major teams (Xavier, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Providence). In those games he took 26 three pointers (average of 6 per game) and made 50%.

As you suggest, hopefully his defense will be good enough to keep him on the floor for extended periods of time.

That's a good point Rafi. One consideration: it's much easier to do it occasionally than every night. Luckily, Wake's out of conference schedule resembles a typical NEC-slate, so he should start strong.

I can only imagine, though, that our XU-UNC-UVA-Pitt-NCSU and ND-Cuse-GT-Duke-NCSU stretches, not to mention the ACC as a whole, will be quite unlike anything he's experienced before.

We'll see how it goes and he's as well positioned as any to survive it, but it's worthy of consideration IMO.

At least people aren't hyping Coron up for All-ACC consideration. So, that's nice.

The reports that Cav is the only player who is significant improved looked about right to me.

Devin isn't going to his left hand every play so that's good. CMM is more aggressive on the drive but he looks like a low to mid 30's 3pt shooter to me. I'm hoping Moto can find his niche but his effort and decision-making weren't too impressive. He got beat by a fat guy a couple of times and was way off on a couple of threes.

The issue with Coron will be his lack of size vs ACC 2s. He can flat out shoot the rock. The concerns are will he have problems getting it off vs ACC comp and how many will he give up at the other end? After all Spencer Jennings could shoot with the best of them in open gym.

Poor man's Justin Gray is fine by me. Prolly a pipe dream tho.

Back