• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any streaming for the Brevard game tonight?

Miles hobbles off the court. Had to be helped off.

Do the people in the upper deck have their own personalized sections? Almost like having a box without the Ovations catering?
Is this more marketing genius from the Premiere?

Thanks for the heads up. Bloggersodear pic of the crowd:
BYBYr2PCQAA2ib6.jpg:large

I remember the days when I would be joneseing for info when we played the christian exhibition squad. Now, I just dont care.

Coron is fun to watch. Seems to be a good leader on the floor. The only player that disappointed some tonight was CMM. And the FT shooting overall.

Kept turnovers down, which was nice to see. Glad to see Bz keep Devin's minutes down. He didn't need to be out there.

Madison was impressive as a PG. I also like the fact that Thomas was limited to minimal minutes.

Moto is very athletic; but sadly still cannot shoot the ball.

An 8 man class and our "best" player and recruit from Buzz appears to be a 5th year graduate transfer... so THIS is how you build a foundation.

An 8 man class and our "best" player and recruit from Buzz appears to be a 5th year graduate transfer... so THIS is how you build a foundation.

HEY JACK!, every decision is for the long-term health of the program.

The defense should be a definite concern after what we saw tonight. We were consistently beaten in the half court ... they kept missing bunnies at the rim.

A few reactions off the top of my head ...
Coron can shoot, but he may have trouble with ACC 2's once we get to conference play.
Tree is fun to watch. He makes things happen, not always good, but he makes things happen.
Madison brings an element of speed and quickness that no one on the roster can match.
Dre was hustling his butt off, working hard, but just doesnt have the upper body strength to be effective at this point.
CMM showed flashes but needs to be more consistent, he tends to disappear.
Devin looked good in limited action.
Cav also looked good, make some plays inside, and knocked down some perimeter Js.
Miles consistently was getting beat on D ... hope he is ok.
Moto make a couple of nice plays inside showing good athleticism.
Travis was held out as a precaution, dressed in a suit.
The walkons looked bad, progress has been made in that the scholly guys are now clearly better ... something that couldnt be said a couple of years ago.

FT shooting was abysmal, but 3pt shooting was pretty good tonight ... go figure.
The officiating emphasis this season was subtle, but not particularly noticeable in this type of mismatch game.

Yes! Our scholarship player are better than the walkons. I predict only a 15 point loss in the 1st round of the ACCT this year.

Devin Thomas is our best player. McKie is our second best player. But Coron was fun to watch last night. He's a really good shooter with a quick release. He also has a pretty good handle that allows him to get into the lane at times. Here's a good post-game interview with some clips of his play last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS6Sdy1OsI&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully Coron can show some leadership this year, since it sounds like we aren't going to get it from the other upperclassman.

I agree with BabyDeac in that our half-court defense is a serious concern and it surrendered a lot of open shots both from 3 and near the hoop. I also am baffled that when we run a diamond 1-2-1-1 press that Cav and not Tree is the point man.

Devin Thomas is our best player. McKie is our second best player. But Coron was fun to watch last night. He's a really good shooter with a quick release. He also has a pretty good handle that allows him to get into the lane at times. Here's a good post-game interview with some clips of his play last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS6Sdy1OsI&feature=youtu.be
So it sounds like we actually have someone that replaces CJ. According to most on here, that was going to be practically impossible.

So it sounds like we actually have someone that replaces CJ. According to most on here, that was going to be practically impossible.

Coron does not replace CJ but does help fill the void that CJ left.

And wait, we ran a 1-2-1-1 press without Tree at the top? Good god [Redacted]...just get him to press the ball handler with his arms flapping around and it will single handedly force turnovers. Even if he doesn't actually get a steal (which he shouldn't even jump for that frequently as the point guy), he will fluster the point guard who will be stuck between trying to dribble around him and throw it over/through Rountree. Cav up top makes zero sense.

That's a pretty bold conclusion from an exhibition game with a bad D2 team. When Coron is leading us to wins over ACC caliber squads, then maybe we can discuss that.

I remember Cav scoring in double digits both Canada games and CMM putting up 25+ against UConn last year.

I would find it quite surprising that the 5th leading scorer on a NEC team could replace an All-ACC caliber player.

Last edited:
And wait, we ran a 1-2-1-1 press without Tree at the top? Good god [Redacted]...just get him to press the ball handler with his arms flapping around and it will single handedly force turnovers. Even if he doesn't actually get a steal (which he shouldn't even jump for that frequently as the point guy), he will fluster the point guard who will be stuck between trying to dribble around him and throw it over/through Rountree. Cav up top makes zero sense.

Tree played the middle (Devin anchored the back) of the press and had several steals. He was very disruptive. I agree that he would also be effective at the top. Either position allows him to get a hand on a lot of passes.

Back