• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any transfers?

Why are you a 12 year old girl every day?

let me get this straight. When someone says something about me that isn't true. Then I give definitive proof that it isn't. I'm a 12 year old girl" for showing that person is BS.

You are a piece of work .

As a freshman at Wake, I lived in Piccolo with a bunch of scholarship football players. After our freshman year, Wake hired Jim Grobe. After accepting the position, Grobe met with each player individually, including the scholarship freshmen players I lived with. Three of those players were more or less told to leave; one in particular specifically told me (and I quote): "Well, I got cut today."

Dude, it happens.

don't bother him with facts.....it's never of any use to him.

To act like that doesn't happen with coaching changes is just bizarrely naive.

But you help the kid find a new situation that will be beneficial to him. You don't just take away his scholorship, slap him on the ass, and say "good luck to ya, chump", a la Jeffy Bztastrophy.

Agree with this. As I mentioned earlier. One of the kids I 'cut' was and is still one of my good friends. The players understand this is the way it goes as well.

let me get this straight. When someone says something about me that isn't true. Then I give definitive proof that it isn't. I'm a 12 year old girl" for showing that person is BS.

You are a piece of work .

That only excuses you for this one specific day. How do you explain the other hundreds, if not thousands, of days you've acted like a 12 year old girl?

What would it take to get you to transfer to the echo chamber?

So 14 page thread on transfers, yet no one is transferring? Got it.

It appears that the guys are maintaining a holding pattern with a bit of a "wait-and-see" approach. It is certainly possible at this point that there are no transfers ... with Dre remaining as the most probable of the bunch to go if anyone does. No one has indicated that they are leaving at this time.

It appears that the guys are maintaining a holding pattern with a bit of a "wait-and-see" approach. It is certainly possible at this point that there are no transfers ... with Dre remaining as the most probable of the bunch to go if anyone does. No one has indicated that they are leaving at this time.

I prefer tick tock

Dre makes the most sense as he could really contribute at a low-mid major and get major minutes. Tree just seems to love being a Deacon, so while he is a sub par player, he seems to enjoy his time, and would really have to be forced out to leave (which I don't see Manning doing). Not sure about Madison. He has received enough playing time that he probably feels pretty comfortable with himself at Wake, but the reality is that he isn't good enough to get us where we want to be, and hopefully Mitchell will steal almost all his minutes (if Shelton doesn't then we are in trouble).

I say it is very likely we end up with no voluntary transfers. Which is why I think Manning should give a few their walking papers so to speak. The 7(8) man class was and continues to be [name redacted]'s largest blunder. It shows a complete lack of awareness for how college basketball programs function.

Yep, why DV7 lie on something so easy and obvious?

This could be such a hardcore slam on dv and his woman.

But this would imply that a clever joke was on purpose, and we must consider the source.

And then Moto announces...

TICK MOTHERFUCKING TOCK BITCHES!!!!

Really I have no clue. I just hope this isn't the trickle before the dam bursts.

Is or isn't? Because I dam sure would like to see a few more transfers.

Is or isn't? Because I dam sure would like to see a few more transfers.

Oh, I wouldn't mind a few transfers, just not folks like Moto who can actually contribute to the team's future success.

I would have gone with "damn the dam" to convey your point. I'll give you partial credit though.

I'd bless the dam, not damn the dam.

I'd rather lose other than Moto, but if Moto is collateral damage to freeing up scholarships and turning this around, that's fine with me.

I'd bless the dam, not damn the dam.

I'd rather lose other than Moto, but if Moto is collateral damage to freeing up scholarships and turning this around, that's fine with me.

A dam stops a flood. You're okay with a flood. Therefore, damn the dam.

Dam. I mean damn.

Back