• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any transfers?

You don't need to tell people to leave directly its all about the implications.

dennisreynolds-implication.gif

I previously posted something that may seem like I advocate telling players to transfer, I didn't mean to do that. I agree with most everyone on here and that Manning needs to be honest with the players and help any of them that choose to move on. Honestly though, if a coach comes to a player and says "hey, you're not going to play much or at all next year," he is basically telling the player that he should leave. I also think most people realize that it would be in Wake's best interest if a few did decide to pursue other opportunities, and that line of thought is getting confused with actually trying to run off players.

Last edited:
If we used this tactic routinely it would bother me. But the nature of our situation and how it hamstrings Manning's ability to recruit and ultimately do his job gives him some leeway IMHO. No HS or AAU coach would hold this odd set of circumstances against Coach.

Sorry but almost all coaches essentially pull schollies. You call it classless but that is the business. There are no virgins in college basketball. If we want to compete in the next 4 years, Manning should do the same. There is no reason we can't find a good home for some of the guys on our team that shouldn't be playing in the ACC. If they value education you can find plenty of great degrees out there willing to give them a chance. Furman would die to have any of those three on their roster...there are plenty of other schools just like Furman who are solid academically but not all that competitive. If playing at the highest level their skill set can produce is important I am sure you can find that.

Scholarships are one year renewables, and encouraging a player to move on won't effect the recruiting trail unless you start doing it every other year. It is almost expected in the industry that a new coach comes in a cleans house a bit. When you have 8 scholarship players in one class it would be a shock if Manning DOESNT clean a little house. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If we used this tactic routinely it would bother me. But the nature of our situation and how it hamstrings Manning's ability to recruit and ultimately do his job gives him some leeway IMHO. No HS or AAU coach would hold this odd set of circumstances against Coach.

Exactly how I feel. This isn't something you want to make a consistent pattern, but no high school or AAU coach would hold it against Manning for clearing some scholarship room out of an 8 man class.

Manning has to clean up the mess [Redacted] left. An 8 man class is a mess.

I despise buzz. You will never convince me that something deeper wasn't going on between pizza and apple. There is no other logical explanation. Brokeback Forest.

I despise buzz. You will never convince me that something deeper wasn't going on between pizza and apple. There is no other logical explanation. Brokeback Forest.

For the amount of time you talk about buttsex you'll never convince me you haven't experienced and somewhat enjoyed more than roll of rolo's up your hindquarters

Last edited:
Not all comparable to calling our entire team trash....

Also very typical in your laziness not to mention my other thread welcoming Rondale, wishing him will and saying what a wise choice he made.

Now compare that to what you've consistently done attacking our players. What you've done over and over is not cute or funny.

Marquee, it sounds like you simply need to pen a post saying that the players made a good decision to accept their scholarship offer to Wake and all will be forgiven by RJKarlocrite.

A scholarship recipient should bust his/her gut to perform acceptably in the practice arena (including weight room), in the classroom, and as a contributing member of the school community. If the player does these things, the scholly should never be pulled for not contributing on game day. That's the fault of the coach who offered them the opportunity. But, if a player is dogging it in the classroom or workouts, is a locker room lawyer, or is a pain-in-the-ass on campus, I have no trouble with a coach shoving that individual out the door.

Not all comparable to calling our entire team trash....

Also very typical in your laziness not to mention my other thread welcoming Rondale, wishing him well and saying what a wise choice he made.

Now compare that to what you've consistently done attacking our players. What you've done over and over is not cute or funny.

Can we get RJ to transfer to Deman's echo chamber or something? He belongs with the Section8Underoos, braces, paladeac idiot brigade.

Can we get RJ to transfer to Deman's echo chamber or something? He belongs with the Section8Underoos, braces, paladeac idiot brigade.

Moon's link was to the Scout board. Can't believe rj still posts (& starts threads) there too.

You have the power. He's consistently broken the most basic rule of this board, not to act like a douchebag, or an asshole, or whatever.

LK's post show how his irrational hatred blinds any sane responses regarding me. Putting me in the apologists' camp is willful ignorance of stupefying dimensions.

Sorry but almost all coaches essentially pull schollies. You call it classless but that is the business. There are no virgins in college basketball. If we want to compete in the next 4 years, Manning should do the same. There is no reason we can't find a good home for some of the guys on our team that shouldn't be playing in the ACC. If they value education you can find plenty of great degrees out there willing to give them a chance. Furman would die to have any of those three on their roster...there are plenty of other schools just like Furman who are solid academically but not all that competitive. If playing at the highest level their skill set can produce is important I am sure you can find that.

Scholarships are one year renewables, and encouraging a player to move on won't effect the recruiting trail unless you start doing it every other year. It is almost expected in the industry that a new coach comes in a cleans house a bit. When you have 8 scholarship players in one class it would be a shock if Manning DOESNT clean a little house. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sorry, but I'm still calling bullshit.

Back