• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody have old games recorded/on DVD?

We probably sat together. I’m 99% sure I was sitting by you for the Vaughn block too because I’m pretty sure I had my head in my hands thinking we were going to lose to Duke and you told me what actually happened when the crowd erupted.
for the duke game, I was unfortunately in a van somewhere between Charlottesville and Winston, updating the other passengers based on texts from my dad. We finally got Stan on the radio just in time for the final Skinner drive.

Actually, ironically, one of my greatest sports memories

for the duke game, I was unfortunately in a van somewhere between Charlottesville and Winston, updating the other passengers based on texts from my dad. We finally got Stan on the radio just in time for the final Skinner drive.

Actually, ironically, one of my greatest sports memories
My memory is faulty! Haha

For Wake/Ole Miss I was at a family wedding where the wedding party all dressed up in I guess traditional Japanese attire? Though they are all white af. Idk if I was familiar with the specific term “cultural appropriation” at the time but after that night I was definitely familiar with the concept. Shocker that marriage lasted about five minutes.

I walked out of the wedding and called 1-800-TELL-ME or whatever it was to get the score because my phone had no internet.

Feels like forever ago that we had to call to get a list of sports scores read to us.

I was in the press box doing some game day volunteering that I used to do during the 2006 season (and well before and well after). The mood in there as the Duke game drew to a close was, as Coach Grobe liked to say, "like death on a cracker." The Duke coaches were in the booth directly overhead. We could hear them jumping around in excitement (so rare that I don't think I realized opposing coaches were above us prior to that and never really thought it about it again).

Enter Chip Vaughn.

He blocks the kick, and the roles between booths swap. Suddenly, we are alive and they are on death's doorstep. A single headset flew out of their window and dangled above ours. Provided here for posterity. (I got to tell Chip Vaughn this story years and years later, and he got a big kick out of it. A second kick, as it were.)

Attachments

• headset.jpeg
    headset.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 29
Wow. This thread brought DemunDeacon back to the boards.

Marion 81-yard fake reverse TD against BC '06 is a classic.

Our uniforms are way better now imo, when did that change?

The uniforms changed in Clawson’s early years. We had those with the funky design on the jersey sleeves. Then we changed to the current look for the 2019 season.
We first wore the gold helmets in 2014. Then added the matte black a couple of years later. We also wore a version with the Deacon logo on it for one game. And had a white helmet during the latter Grobe years

I got just about that whole season from drew and gave them to my dad. He never throws anything away so I’m confident they are in a closet or on a shelf somewhere

We got out gained by 150 yards in that game and basically only had a hundred yards total offense outside of our three scoring drives.

I had the flu during the Ole Miss game. Felt like total shit. All fucked up on a combination of NyQuil and some funky herbal tea my roommate gave me. I was listening on the radio (signal was quite static-y in Boone) while trying to follow along on a very delayed Gamecast. I still remember thinking the growing Wake score wasn’t real and I was hallucinating because, as mentioned earlier, Wake was not a football school in Sept 2006 and this was a road SEC game.

Matt Ryan was clearly down on his TD that cut it to 7 on 4th and goal and they didn’t even review it.

Also that game we took advantage of that weird one-year rule where the clock started when possession changed so they had to burn an extra timeout as we were trying to run out the clock.

Back