• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody have old games recorded/on DVD?

Wow. I forgot how high Vaughn got up.

The 2006 offense averaged 21.6 pts/game. Skinner had 2,051 passing yards and 9 TDs.

Through 6 games, the 2022 offense averages 41.2 pts/game. Wake QBs have 1,757 passing yards and 20 TDs.

There's a YouTube video that has the "most iconic play" from FBS college football program. The one chosen for Wake was the game winning TD pass from Newman to Jake Freudenthal to win at State in 2018. But most Wake fans would probably choose Chip Vaughn's block or Willie Idlette's catch in the ACCCG.

Last edited:
Wow. I forgot how high Vaughn got up.

The 2006 offense averaged 21.6 pts/game. Skinner had 2,051 passing yards and 9 TDs.

Through 6 games, the 2022 offense averages 41.2 pts/game. Wake QBs have 1,757 passing yards and 20 TDs.

There's a YouTube video that has the "most iconic play" from FBS college football program. The one chosen for Wake was the game winning TD pass from Newman to Jake Freudenthal to win at State in 2018. But most Wake fans would probably choose Chip Vaughn's block or Willie Idlette's catch in the ACCCG.
I like the 100 yard pick six to start the comeback against Maryland.

Blocked FG is in this vid:

It's interesting how that team was the inverse of our recent teams- 2006 had great defense and just enough offense to win; now we have great offense and just enough defense to win (most of the time)

Marion 81-yard fake reverse TD against BC '06 is a classic.

Our uniforms are way better now imo, when did that change?

Marion 81-yard fake reverse TD against BC '06 is a classic.

Our uniforms are way better now imo, when did that change?

scored that with 12 mins left in the 3rd, and the only other points scored would be one more BC TD. my how times have changed.

Yeah I remember listening to Stan call the UConn game because I don't believe it was on tv. Definitely downsides to the current contracts, but certainly a better time to live in as far as watching live sports than any other time.

Yeah I remember listening to Stan call the UConn game because I don't believe it was on tv. Definitely downsides to the current contracts, but certainly a better time to live in as far as watching live sports than any other time.

i feel like i remember watching the uconn game on my stinkpad in my dorm. but that might be a made up memory.

i feel like i remember watching the uconn game on my stinkpad in my dorm. but that might be a made up memory.
Yeah that may be right. The Ole Miss game wasn't televised right - either it wasn't from the outset or the delay left it without a tv option?

Some quick research reveals: Ole Miss-Wake was not televised. Wake-Uconn was on ESPN360 which was not widely distributed at the time but was available for free on college campuses.

according to Wiki it was on this, but I don't remember this channel

Yeah it was originally scheduled for that but after the delay, it wasn't televised live it seems.

Yeah it was originally scheduled for that but after the delay, it wasn't televised live it seems.

i also feel like i remember being at spry for a soccer game when someone found out the score and told us we were up by a lot. but that also might be a made up memory.

Yeah that may be right. The Ole Miss game wasn't televised right - either it wasn't from the outset or the delay left it without a tv option?
I told this story like a month ago on here, but I brought a radio to Spry and sat on the Hill and blasted the Ole Miss game while watching soccer. Everybody was so confused about why I was interested in a football game at all. Wake was...not a football school in September 2006

I WAS THERE
We probably sat together. I’m 99% sure I was sitting by you for the Vaughn block too because I’m pretty sure I had my head in my hands thinking we were going to lose to Duke and you told me what actually happened when the crowd erupted.

I told this story like a month ago on here, but I brought a radio to Spry and sat on the Hill and blasted the Ole Miss game while watching soccer. Everybody was so confused about why I was interested in a football game at all. Wake was...not a football school in September 2006
A group of us definitely listened to it in our fraternity house all huddled around a radio. It was odd even in 2006 for an ACC/SEC game to not be televised.

Back