• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apathy

Not to mention the "cordial" reception I'm sure all three received from the Ohio State Dance Team

arizona-state-university-dance-team.jpg

Is Ish friends with the OSU Dance Team?

Damn, I'd almost forgotten about Conley's gravy-training cousin and the year long stream of bullshit he fed us.

In the end, Conley was too scared to play competitive hoops without Oden around to make him look better than he was.

Knowing what we know now about Oden, I'm somewhat terrified for the girl in that picture.

We can beat Clemson and Ga Tech along with BC. BC should be a win.

Long shot for 6 wins, good chance at 5, 4 should be a lock.

Beginning of season most thought 15 wins would be a huge improvement. These self-pity threads remind me of the fat asses who sit down in front of 5 pounds of spicy horrible Taco Bell and say, "Ohhhh I'm gonna feal sick if I eat this whole thing" and then they eat the whole thing and complain incessantly about how sick it makes them.

Either take the season for what it is and look for improvement, or write off the team until they're 20 game winners again. The [Redacted] hatred threads are more palatable than this - true apathy means not posting.

I was just pointing out that I still have a shot at winning our bet!:D BTW, my call is 5 is possible, but not probable, 4 is possible and about a 50/50 proposition and 3 is in the hunt.

I was just pointing out that I still have a shot at winning our bet!:D BTW, my call is 5 is possible, but not probable, 4 is possible and about a 50/50 proposition and 3 is in the hunt.

Man, if you win our bet, I'll buy you something as agreed and I'll have a shirt embroidered with BzzOut on it.

Man, if you win our bet, I'll buy you something as agreed and I'll have a shirt embroidered with BzzOut on it.

Cool...btw, I hope I lose. Nothing would make me happier than us shocking the world and winning out!

However, since there is no empirical evidence that bzzz can do that, you will have to actually wear the bzzz out shirt. A bonus would be if you could get a picture of yourself with Wellman while wearing the shirt.

You (although misguided) are apparently a good man!

Cook was never going to be admitted to Wake. That plus Matta leaving Xavier for Ohio State killed us. The Illinois game at Columbus which had a packed house going crazy probably sealed it.

Damn, I'd almost forgotten about Conley's gravy-training cousin and the year long stream of bullshit he fed us.

In the end, Conley was too scared to play competitive hoops without Oden around to make him look better than he was.

Pretty sure Conley's done pretty well for himself.

Is that what you want for WF? To turn the school into a Kentucky?

Ohio State didn't even make the NCAA Tournament the next year....and lost in the 1st round to Siena the year after that.

I honestly believe that there are posters on this board who would make a pact with the devil to sell their soul for one trip to the Final Four.

uuuuhhhhh I would definitely take the success that Kentucky is having (and has been having) over our current steaming pile of crap we've been watching Wake bball turn into. And for a final four trip? Yeah I'd be ok with a few early NBA entries to get that...

Cool...btw, I hope I lose. Nothing would make me happier than us shocking the world and winning out!

However, since there is no empirical evidence that bzzz can do that, you will have to actually wear the bzzz out shirt. A bonus would be if you could get a picture of yourself with Wellman while wearing the shirt.

You (although misguided) are apparently a good man!

I definitely have a limit. But Wellman hired Prosser and Grobe, fired Dino earlier than many would have but I agreed with the move because I think he saw what was in store for us the following year with or without Dino. So the total flier on the homeless man's Brad Stevens via a goofy old guy with horrid ties and a checkered history still gets his three years to at minimum put us on the bubble and cement us as a program on the rise.

This year we ditched talent and got better. But we still suck. If moves like that cause us to regress and next year we're still bottom 3 praying for wins over BC I'm done with the experiment. I suspect Wellman will be as well.

Wake's AD has clearly demonstrated he has no intention of fielding a Final Four program. I'm not sure why people are worked-up over such a pointless discussion of comparing UK to WFU.

Kentucky had an entire season cancelled by the NCAA one time. Over the years they have had one of the dirtiest programs in college basketball and now have one of the slimiest coaches in college basketball. How much are you willing to pay for winning basketball games at Wake Forest?

ETA: Are you also one of the people who didn't want West Virginia in the ACC because of academic standards?

Hey, it's the guy that wears UNC sweatshirts!

Didn't we have last season cancelled? I don't remember any of it.

Kentucky had an entire season cancelled by the NCAA one time. Over the years they have had one of the dirtiest programs in college basketball and now have one of the slimiest coaches in college basketball. How much are you willing to pay for winning basketball games at Wake Forest?

ETA: Are you also one of the people who didn't want West Virginia in the ACC because of academic standards?

These are extreme polar opposites, and no one is saying we should run a dirty program for the sake of success. My point was that if we could somehow pull in a couple 5* one-and-done players that would put us on the path for a final four run (like the original OSU example), what's the downside to that?

Is that what you want for WF? To turn the school into a Kentucky?

Ohio State didn't even make the NCAA Tournament the next year....and lost in the 1st round to Siena the year after that.

I honestly believe that there are posters on this board who would make a pact with the devil to sell their soul for one trip to the Final Four.

Are these the same posters who were thumbing their noses at the thought of West Virginia being in the ACC because of academic standards?

No, they didn't make the tournament the next year. However, since that time they've been in the tournament the past 3 years, making the Sweet 16 the last two. This year they're ranked #3 in the country as well and off to another solid season. They're a better program then we are and I would trade a couple of one and done players if it meant a Final 4 appearance. You can mock that, make fun, call it making a pack with the devil or whatever, but I don't underestimate the value of a Final 4 appearance and playing in a National Championship game. Maybe you do. By the way, I will agree with you that Kentucky is a dirty program, but I don't believe Ohio State's basketball program is dirty.

This is like trying to discuss something with a bunch of 4th graders. If you want Wake Forest to be like Kentucky, that's your right. However, if you do, you've got bigger problems to worry about than what type of sweatshirt someone wears.

Like Kentucky, I would love Wake Forest to compete annually for final fours and national championships. Unlike Kentucky, I would want them to do it without cheating. I could give a rat's ass if we did it with four year players or "one and done" players.

Additionally, I would cheer for Wake if we were competing for national championships every year and not other teams like Indiana, Texas Tech, or North Carolina.

Back