• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apathy

It is the same for football, basketball tennis & baseball. So what difference does it make? We have great facilities, great parking and very convenient.

If you "walked" to a game at UNC-Ch or MD or UVa, you are walking as far or further. Clemson & VT have their football & basketball side by side just like us. BC is connected to the same building for football-basketball & hockey.
NC State is not convenient & neither is GT

Are you crossing 8 lanes of poorly lit traffic with no cross walk?

I don't think so.

The Joel is not even close to being an on campus arena, regardless of its proximity to campus.

It is the same for football, basketball tennis & baseball. So what difference does it make? We have great facilities, great parking and very convenient.

If you "walked" to a game at UNC-Ch or MD or UVa, you are walking as far or further. Clemson & VT have their football & basketball side by side just like us. BC is connected to the same building for football-basketball & hockey.
NC State is not convenient & neither is GT

In my 4 years at Wake, I walked to games exactly 0 times.

I've never cared as much about Deac basketball after the West Virginia game. The worst thing about that loss is that I would say it was the culmination of not just that season, but the 02-03 and 03-04 seasons as well. It was easier to swallow the disappointing results in the 03 and 04 NCAA Tournaments because you knew the 05 NCAAT could be something special. As a result, when we lost, it was like the destruction of 3 years of high hopes.

Since then, I've gone into every postseason like this:

man-engulfed-in-wave.jpg

The prisoners feel bad for us.

At least the prisoners have a known release date. How much more depressing would a long bid be when the warden is all smiles and telling you that the guards are doing a great job rebuilding the culture of the population?

I dread tomorrow nite and the only thing I have to look forward to is making fun of those idiots wearing pansy blue. :cliffs:

The next three:
UNC@home
@NC STATE - another 30 point thrashing
@UVA - WFU will be shown what it looks like to be a well coached basketball team.

Its well past apathy - its downright depression.

The next three:
UNC@home
@NC STATE - another 30 point thrashing
@UVA - WFU will be shown what it looks like to be a well coached basketball team.

Its well past apathy - its downright depression.

01/31/12 vs. North Carolina L
02/04/12 at NC State L
02/08/12 at Virginia L
02/11/12 vs. Clemson L
02/15/12 vs. Georgia Tech ?
02/18/12 at Miami L
02/25/12 vs. Boston College W
02/28/12 vs. Duke L
03/03/12 at Georgia Tech ?

We can beat Clemson and Ga Tech along with BC. BC should be a win.

Long shot for 6 wins, good chance at 5, 4 should be a lock.

Beginning of season most thought 15 wins would be a huge improvement. These self-pity threads remind me of the fat asses who sit down in front of 5 pounds of spicy horrible Taco Bell and say, "Ohhhh I'm gonna feal sick if I eat this whole thing" and then they eat the whole thing and complain incessantly about how sick it makes them.

Either take the season for what it is and look for improvement, or write off the team until they're 20 game winners again. The [Redacted] hatred threads are more palatable than this - true apathy means not posting.

LOL. When I was at Wake, we walked to Memorial Coliseum for almost all the games. Never realized what a big deal that must have been.

Its not, aint even a mile from campus. everyone drives and that what i would do to, but dont complain about distance, it mine as well be on campus.

Honestly, I wouldn't have had a problem walking, but there was always someone driving with whom I could tag along.

can somebody briefly summarize what happened with OCC? how close were they to playing here?

can somebody briefly summarize what happened with OCC? how close were they to playing here?

My recollection is Skip told folks later on that they wanted to be close to home and that's why both Oden and Conley Jr ended up going to Ohio State. The rumors that were floated were that they were recruited illegally by Matta and his staff.

My recollection is Skip told folks later on that they wanted to be close to home and that's why both Oden and Conley Jr ended up going to Ohio State. The rumors that were floated were that they were recruited illegally by Matta and his staff.

I thought Cook turned it all. He committed rogue, saying he wanted to be near home. Then, Conely and Oden went along to play with their friend.

Oden, Conley and Cook made an agreement to all attend the same school. Cook took an unofficial visit to tO$U without the other two. Matta convinced him to verbal on that visit, with an important factor being he had a sick grandmother regionally who couldn't travel far to see him play. The other two eventually followed...whether it was by loyalty or lies from Matta's mouth we will never know.

Back