• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apathy

Clemson has a god awful team, but Littlejohn seemed to be pretty full against an even worse opponent. I suspect it is because their fanbase has hope.

It's 60 degrees in January and you have a tee time or you can watch Wake play Clemson. Tough call.

My kids, who love basketball, would rather take a bath and go to bed than stay up and watch Wake's 7 pm games.

"Hey boys would you like to make a sundae and stay up a little late tonight. I'll give you a pass, the Deacs are on!"

In unison... "Nah, we'll just go watch Jimmy Neutron for the 45th time and go to bed at the regular time. Thanks tho..."

QFT, and I would rather watch Jimmy Neutron with them than our garbage. As others have said, this is supposed to be entertainment - there's nothing entertaining about watching an organization that I care deeply about getting abused night after night.

Yep. "Hey honey, I'm going to skip out on family dinner so I can watch some crappy basketball." That logic doesn't fly not just for my wife, but to myself.

I talked to a buddy of mine who has two boys. He's a diehard, one of our best fans. I said he's only taken his boys to the Joel once in the last year. He can't justify it. There are so many more fun things to do with your kids than go to watch a Bz coached Wake basketball team. He grew up looking forward to sharing ACC basketball with his kids and now looks around and not only is Wake basketball bad, but ACC basketball as a whole is almost unwatchable.

You touched on the worst part of the situation. The ACC is absolutely awful and Wake is near the bottom. At least in the Staak years, 6 of the 8 teams in the conference were anywhere from good to great. Now, there are two top 10 teams, another that is barely in the top 25 and the rest suck. Take away Duke and Carolina and the conference is on par with VCU, Old Dominion, George Mason, etc.

Not only do I not watch Wake, I cannot even watch the ACC.

You can easily walk to the Joel from the Quad. It might as well be on "on campus".

And nobody is going to build a coliseum on the WF campus for the next 50 years, so everyone might as well quit talking about that. In the first place, it would be a totally inefficient use of a huge amount of funds, with the Joel within walking distance of the campus (if you can't bring the coliseum to the campus, bring the campus to the coliseum, etc); and in the second place, there's no place to put it, even if you miraculously had someone to pay for it.

It is within walking distance, but not within 'walking distance.'

You can easily walk to the Joel from the Quad. It might as well be on "on campus".

And nobody is going to build a coliseum on the WF campus for the next 50 years, so everyone might as well quit talking about that. In the first place, it would be a totally inefficient use of a huge amount of funds, with the Joel within walking distance of the campus (if you can't bring the coliseum to the campus, bring the campus to the coliseum, etc); and in the second place, there's no place to put it, even if you miraculously had someone to pay for it.

Honestly, an on-campus arena would be nice but you would swear that it was going to solve all our problems based on the expectations of some. I remain much more skeptical that it would make a big difference, maybe that's just the skeptic in me.

Frankly, I hope we get back to the point as a program where it's a major concern. Right now though, we need to focus on just winning games and hopefully recruiting better.

You touched on the worst part of the situation. The ACC is absolutely awful and Wake is near the bottom. At least in the Staak years, 6 of the 8 teams in the conference were anywhere from good to great. Now, there are two top 10 teams, another that is barely in the top 25 and the rest suck. Take away Duke and Carolina and the conference is on par with VCU, Old Dominion, George Mason, etc.

Not only do I not watch Wake, I cannot even watch the ACC.

Yup, that's the way I have felt the past couple of years. Outside of Duke or UNC, it's just not that exciting right now. I enjoy FSU and seeing what Leonad Hamilton has done but that doesn't make up for the rest of the conference. We're down right awful, State is mediocre along with Clemson, Ga Tech stinks, BC stinks, Va Tech stinks. Just not an exciting league right now.

My kids, who love basketball, would rather take a bath and go to bed than stay up and watch Wake's 7 pm games.

"Hey boys would you like to make a sundae and stay up a little late tonight. I'll give you a pass, the Deacs are on!"

In unison... "Nah, we'll just go watch Jimmy Neutron for the 45th time and go to bed at the regular time. Thanks tho..."

what an effing dagger. i have a two year daughter with another on the way this summer. at least they will never have to sit through a bzz coached game.

This all started with the WVU loss, after which I didn't want to care anymore. Now, even when I try to care, I find it very difficult.

I died a little inside after the OCC recruitment debacle and WVU.

This all started with the WVU loss, after which I didn't want to care anymore. Now, even when I try to care, I find it very difficult.

So very true for me also. I have found it hard to pour the heart & soul into basketball since then. I was at that game and what I witnessed coaching wise was very disturbing and just haven't felt the same since.

It is within walking distance, but not within 'walking distance.'

It is the same for football, basketball tennis & baseball. So what difference does it make? We have great facilities, great parking and very convenient.

If you "walked" to a game at UNC-Ch or MD or UVa, you are walking as far or further. Clemson & VT have their football & basketball side by side just like us. BC is connected to the same building for football-basketball & hockey.
NC State is not convenient & neither is GT

So very true for me also. I have found it hard to pour the heart & soul into basketball since then. I was at that game and what I witnessed coaching wise was very disturbing and just haven't felt the same since.

Good thing we won't have to worry about being upset as a 2-seed in the NCAA Tourney for a long, long time!

From today's Yahoo Sports' 'All About the ACC':

Wake has lost its past two home games, to N.C. State and Florida State, by a combined 59 points. The next home game? North Carolina. Going into the season, it looked as if Wake would be the worst “Big Six” conference team. That’s not the case. But this still is a bad squad.

Apathy.

They turn Wake games off the t.v. in prison.

The prisoners feel bad for us.

It is the same for football, basketball tennis & baseball. So what difference does it make? We have great facilities, great parking and very convenient.

If you "walked" to a game at UNC-Ch or MD or UVa, you are walking as far or further. Clemson & VT have their football & basketball side by side just like us. BC is connected to the same building for football-basketball & hockey.
NC State is not convenient & neither is GT

farther

Back