• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you a better QB than Mitch Griffis?

Are you a better QB than Mitch Griffis?

• Yes

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Who isn’t?

Votes: 19 29.7%

• Total voters
What is even worse is that he is the best QB on the roster.
But he isn't. I just posted the PFF x QBR from the previous two games on the QB Going Forward thread. Marucci was an average P5 QB last week. Kern was better than Griffis on both measures against VT. In his other starts, Griffis is among the worst in the nation.

But he isn't. I just posted the PFF x QBR from the previous two games on the QB Going Forward thread. Marucci was an average P5 QB last week. Kern was better than Griffis on both measures against VT. In his other starts, Griffis is among the worst in the nation.
Also he is 22 years old and is getting paid from donations by the fan base, so we are allowed to criticize him.

Some people spent considerable money on NIL for "Money" Mitch Griffis because Clawson told them he would be a good investment. Makes you wonder how many will be hesitant to spend again.

Is our playbook organic chemistry? Is Santino dense? He didn’t just arrive. Mitch has 5000 reps. This rep shit is up there with Walker can’t block.
Marucci was busy being scout team running back earlier in the year. So probably not a lot of work on the Wake QB playbook.

You thought you could score ten points in an nba game? If so you would’ve been in the nba.
I was a little delusional. Lol. It was a reality check once I got that close to them. I was 6'5 210 in my freshman year of college When u sit on a bench between Morning and L.J it shines a whole new light on the situation. Just another world of abilty

I played against Marc Blucas in a pickup game at Wake (for those who don't know, he was the epitome of a slow spot up shooter who was always the 10th most athletic guy on the court whenever he played). He abused us. It was like he was Michael Jordan. None of us could stay in front of him, none of us could get a rebound, none of us could score against him. It was eye opening...especially when we saw him play against other ACC players and he was just a guy.

So while Mitch is now 124th out of 132 QBs for QBR, ESPN has another stat that I find interesting PAA or number of points contributed by the QB accounting to QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average QB. Mitch's PAA is -18.4, which if I am reading the stats correctly, if Wake had an average QB this season, that average QB would have accounted for 18 more points over the season than Mitch has. I am interested to see that number continue to decline over the remainder of the season.

Marucci was 0.0 vs. Pitt.

Griffis and Kern were -3.8 and -3.9 vs. VT.

I really feel Clawson is in danger of losing the team if he starts Griffis again

I really feel Clawson is in danger of losing the team if he starts Griffis again
Oh, he is going to start Griffis.

Santino lacks reps, haven't you heard?

Now, to the question of this thread, yes, I could catch the shotgun snap, then fake like I am going to throw it to Morin before he comes out of his break (and Morin is OPEN on those routes) and instead, NOT throw it, stand there, and get snowed under/smashed like a chocolate easter bunny standing there crumbling or like a lake effect snow drift. Take your pick.

Where is the QB? He's under that mass of humanity AGAIN.

How many on this board would fumble a sneak? Lmao.

I have small hands (no jokes please) and played HS QB and a ton of rec league games. I threw plenty of picks and fumbled a handful of times, but never had the ball just slip out of my hands with no defender around. Having that happen twice in one game on critical drives is just insane.

let's chill out on crapping on a 22-year old kid

he's trying his best, and i'm sure this season isn't easy on him either

let's also keep in mind he's a better and more accomplished athlete than anyone on these boards

let's chill out on crapping on a 22-year old kid

he's trying his best, and i'm sure this season isn't easy on him either

let's also keep in mind he's a better and more accomplished athlete than anyone on these boards
I mean we have, or at least had, a unanimous All American on the boards, so no.

Also, it’s big time college football.

Back