• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ARE YOU READY? or The Ty is Now

I was so surprised that he went up for a pretty strong dunk on those 2 plays. We haven't seen that from him before. He's finally starting to show the promise I was hoping he would show 2 years ago.

Let's recall that this is not the first time he has a had a good game...

Let's recall that this is not the first time he has a had a good game...

He tied his career high, dont act like this is something Ty has done often. I for one am glad to see a good game from him and hope it becomes the norm.

People in all sports and on all levels often have career years in contract seasons. Maybe Ty will be one of them.

He played well today, but he should stick with tip-ins and dunks. His shot attempts were off by 3 or 4 feet. His presence was obviously a difference maker today though.

I thought a key to Ty's performance was the fact that Bz left Ty in after the two misses. We need an inside presence on this team. Ty is the only player on the team who can give it to us. Hopefully not getting yanked after a couple of ugly misses reinforces that idea to Ty. He doesn't have to be perfect to be our best option and get minutes.

For Ty it's all about consistency. Early in the game he showed on a high screen, then fell back perfectly to cut off a pass. It caused a bad shot and he was in position to get the rebound.

Later on, pretty much the exact same play happened and he got caught hoping to block the guy's shot, didn't close out on his man and gave up an easy layup.

On offense he needs to realize when he's in a position to shoot versus when he's in a position to find someone else for a spot-up 3 or a cut inside. Still looks like he has the mindset of "I don't get to play much, so when I'm in and I get the ball anywhere close to the bucket it's going up."

There's no question that when he's focused he can be a serious upgrade for us at center. If he calms down just a bit and plays just a little smarter on both ends he'll probably end up starting.

With Carson and Nikita struggling, Ty is probably the key if we're going to surprise any teams in the ACC.

Agree consistency is the key. If he can just be a consistent 8 and 7 guy with the occasional 12 and 10 game, we will be a MUCH better team this year.

Carson has 10 orebs for the season and Ty has 6 in 2 games. Ty's time is here. I hope he takes advantage of it.

So is Ty going rogue in Bz's system to get these offensive rebounds? That has to piss Bz off.

So is Ty going rogue in Bz's system to get these offensive rebounds? That has to piss Bz off.

Huh? Randolph made it pretty clear during the broadcast that Bz wanted Ty to focus on rebounding and put backs.

Total joke based on our season long rebounding concerns in our system.

Gotcha - I thought you were taking a shot at those who criticized the scheme for not trying to generate offensive boards. It's clear the scheme has changed a bit since Ty has joined the lineup.

Gotcha - I thought you were taking a shot at those who criticized the scheme for not trying to generate offensive boards. It's clear the scheme has changed a bit since Ty has joined the lineup.

Yes, it appears we can adapt a bit if a post presence is on the floor.

From everything ive seen/heard me thinks you were off for once. Hope thats the case.

I would like to be wrong on this one, too. However, I am not quite ready to back off my assessment yet. Time will tell.

He was indeed the difference yesterday against a 6-6 Gardner-Webb team that wasnt particularly strong inside. That said, he played significantly better on both ends of the floor than Carson did. If that continues, obviously Ty will get more minutes and Carson less. Do not expect them to spend much time on the floor together at all though.

Consistency in his game and his attitude will be the key with Ty. Yesterday was a step in the right direction. He still has a long way to go. I hope he gets there!

Instead of Tebow we have Ty-bow! I'm excited to see the big guy mix it up. I missed the G-Web game.

Consistency in his game and his attitude will be the key with Ty. Yesterday was a step in the right direction. He still has a long way to go. I hope he gets there!

Fo sho

Back