• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ARE YOU READY? or The Ty is Now

Unfortunately not much has changed with Ty.

It would be unrealistic to expect otherwise, but many of us were hoping things might be different.

It would be unrealistic to expect otherwise, but many of us were hoping things might be different.

I don't think he played enough to determine anything significant. He rebounded decently, and threw down an oop, which is something no one else (besides Mckie) can do on this team. I think we are a much better team with him in there.

I don't think he played enough to determine anything significant. He rebounded decently, and threw down an oop, which is something no one else (besides Mckie) can do on this team. I think we are a much better team with him in there.

My concern is less about what he does on the court than any impact he may have off it. He will not make us significantly better on the court and he is not a leader on or off the court.

My concern is less about what he does on the court than any impact he may have off it. He will not make us significantly better on the court and he is not a leader on or off the court.

Is there anything in particular that you are referring to?

Is there anything in particular that you are referring to?

Not one specific situation per se, but several things over the last few months that add up to the conclusion that nothing much has changed.

Not one specific situation per se, but several things over the last few months that add up to the conclusion that nothing much has changed.

Why is he still around then? Are they scared of him/something he knows or something?

Why is he still around then? Are they scared of him/something he knows or something?

I have no idea what the answer to the the first question is ... I have wondered that same thing myself. However, I am quite certain that it is neither of the latter options. They certainly are not scared of him, and I seriously doubt he knows very much at all!

ETA: Ty is no dummy, I just wonder about his judgment.

The most telling sign regarding Ty was during the halftime trivia show when Travis looked at CJ and said, "Ty, nobody on the team takes him seriously."

"Just dont overexpect, that's all, just dont overexpect."

(Andy's advice to Gomer, when he was set up on a blind date with Thelma Lou's cousin Mary Grace seems appropriate just about now.)

Oh, she's niiiiiiiiiice, she's nice!
She makes her own clothes.

Walker played great today. I'm ready for Derosiers and Walker to start in the front court with McKie. Send Nikita to the bottom of the rotation. He's 5 extra fouls when we need them, that's it!

if you are 7'1" and have a 7'6" wingspan the game should be easy. as tbdeac says, correctly, he should be putting up the numbers he did today by accident.

that said, he looked better today than ever before. here's to hoping he can keep that up and contribute to some wins.

From everything ive seen/heard me thinks you were off for once. Hope thats the case.

Walker played great today. I'm ready for Derosiers and Walker to start in the front court with McKie. Send Nikita to the bottom of the rotation. He's 5 extra fouls when we need them, that's it!

I'm afraid Nikita was more help than CD today. However, if we can get consistent decent production from Ty we will at least have 3 or 4 options at the PF depending on who's playing well and matchups.
Great game for Ty. he really seemed composed after about 10 minutes of game time and was crucial today.

Good game from Ty. Hopefully he can show some consistency, but I'm sure knuckledead Ty will make an appearance before too long.

He played well today, but he should stick with tip-ins and dunks. His shot attempts were off by 3 or 4 feet. His presence was obviously a difference maker today though.

From everything ive seen/heard me thinks you were off for once. Hope thats the case.

Yeah I wouldn't be too sure just yet. It was one game. Still hoping for the best/expecting the worst.

Just saw the clips of Ty's offensive work today (only the ones that went in though).

He looked pretty good. Not that I have any doubt that any seven footer with a 7-6 wingspan should be able to earn tip-ins and pull down offensive rebounds, but that is something we have definitely been missing thus far this year.

That one move down the baseline for a dunk was pretty awesome, actually.

Back