• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ARE YOU READY? or The Ty is Now

It would be so sick if the team entered to DX music.

At least getting Ty back means more boards right? Maybe a little interior play (or at least more than we do now)

So, is no one going to mention that Ty's picture in the OP looks pretty bad ass? Maybe he can just stand in the middle on D and give everyone on the other team "The Look." Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Let's hope he grabs some boards and doesn't just flail at every shot that goes in the air allowing his man a put back.

Unfortunately he's going up against the best big man he'll see all year in his first game. Hopefully he is able to hold his own and it doesn't kill his own confidence in game 1.

He doesn't have much time to become better than Tim Duncan as he stated in his recruiting video in HS..

ty-in-the-tournament.jpg

I want to see a lot of this. In position, would be ideal, but just regardless. The potential of playing Ty and Carson together is interesting as both are completely shotblockers with awful defensive fundamentals. It could either be great or horrifying.

Either way, it can't be as bad as playing Nikita for over 20 minutes per game. :D

Conditioning wasn't there, but should have had at least one more block (maybe two) that were soft foul calls.

The oop was pretty tight. Fields to Ty.

Walker had three rebounds in 9 minutes. Desrosiers had three in 29 minutes...

Yep, I think Walker outclassed Carson last night. I want to give Ty as many minutes as possible. Maybe that will finally light a fire under Carson.

I didn't see this posted before the game yesterday, but good stuff from Bz and Ty here:

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/dec/10/wssport01-wake-forest-gets-walker-back-ar-1698418/

"I just want to come on the basketball court and just play as hard as possible at all times," Walker said.

"I just want to leave it all on the court, and I guess you could say, walk the talk, instead of the other way around.

"I don't want to talk about my game, I want my game to speak for itself."

Walker, who spent most of the first month of the season on the scout team, said he recognizes he has some fences to mend with his teammates.

"Of course," he said. "I know I have to do that. I have to prove myself to this team and earn their trust.

"But it's something that's worth it. So I'm looking forward to it."

Back