• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart ineligible to play for USC

And you don't know jack-shit about Gary Clark except what the media spoon fed you.

And I saw the chair throw. No media spin there.

Jackass.

Welp, good talk BKF.

Seriously. That G$, he is a bad, bad man.

I just find it funny/amusing that Gary Clark, who went on to get his masters degree right after receiving a degree in math, is being held up as the example of our thug basketball program when Chas McFarland was featured in SI for pretty much being a dirtbag on the court.

LOL.

BKF, are you ignoring this?

I saw it, too. It was on my son's 16th birthday.....February 23rd, 1985. More than 28 years ago now. You think the media isn't powerful?

The media IS powerful!

Name the other university in that Today Show story. It was a powerful media story, afterall...

Once saw soon to be 1st round draft pick Kenny Green initiate a massive brawl @ the Orchestra Pit in downtown W-S. Broken chairs and windows.. He was arrested. Anything in the papers? Nope.

The Green Machine.

He played under Tacy, right?

Cause if he did, you are lying!!!!! The ONLY Wake coach to EVER have a criminal on his team was DINO GAUDIO!!!!!

Wake Forest University Director of Athletics Ron Wellman announced today that basketball coach Dino Gaudio has received a contract extension through the 2013-14 season.

"Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as was anticipated when he was hired two years ago," said Wellman. "We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress."

Can we stop this stupid discussion? I didn't start following Wake until '08 so can't speak to Dino's first season, but there were no incidents made public during that last two years of Dino's tenure. The only two incidents we even heard rumbling about (Teague/Johnson not going to class and the Gary Clark incident) happened prior to the extension. If Wellman was truly unhappy with the "culture" of Dino's program then he obviously would not have extended him.

I've posted several times that I'm not defending [Redacted]. If he was fired today it would be perfectly OK with me. (Of course, if they completely cancelled basketball at WF, that would be fine with me, too. The whole damned game of basketball has been ruined by the NBA, anyway, and since Coach Knight has retired it isn't worth watching.)

My main point was that Dino should have been fired....not that [Redacted] was the guy who should have been hired.

Bob, cut your losses. Dino went 61-31, which is what he was hired to do. The University is charged, along with the head coach, of monitoring player behavior. If they violate NCAA or University regulations they are sanctioned. This is how it goes at every school. Wake is no different.

I've posted several times that I'm not defending [Redacted]. If he was fired today it would be perfectly OK with me. (Of course, if they completely cancelled basketball at WF, that would be fine with me, too. The whole damned game of basketball has been ruined by the NBA, anyway, and since Coach Knight has retired it isn't worth watching.)

My main point was that Dino should have been fired....not that [Redacted] was the guy who should have been hired.

I get it, but you have IMPLIED that WFU had issues, only associated with Dino. They've been proven to be associated with Wellman. Yet you remain silent. (not including coaches before Dino)

Also, you remain silent on the association of Bob Knight to bad behaviors (which are worse than WFU related behaviors). Own up.

Ditto my response to KVegas to you on the subject of Bob Knight.

Unless you're as tight with Bob Knight as Dirk is with Dickie Hemric, then we're both on the same page in terms of knowing Bob Knight as a person beyond his media and basketball persona.

actually with this post
Do you really believe that WF has always had players doing the things that JTT, Ari, Tabb, Ty, Tony, Gary & Jeff were doing in the last few years?

Who's buying what here?
you seem to be insinuating that poor behavior by players only happened during Dino's tenure. Mike Helms admitting to using drugs during his WF days disputes your assumption.

Isiah Thomas played for Coach Knight, right?

Didn't he settle an employee sexual harassment suit out of court for millions of dollars? #culture

Didn't he OD on sleep meds a few years ago? Didn't he try to lie and say it was his teenage daughter that OD'ed instead of him? #culture

Yep. Shit and Sugar. I get it.

#hypocrite

Bkf just wants to be a contrarian because it makes him feel superior and more intelligent. Of course, at least in this instance, it makes him appear to be the exact opposite.

Ignorring what? I never said that Gary Clark was a bad guy. What he did reflect more poorly on Dino than anyone else.

Why do you keep responding to me? Respond to them, unless you're scared to.

Ignorring what? I never said that Gary Clark was a bad guy. What he did reflect more poorly on Dino than anyone else.

You are ignoring my question about the name of the other school in the Today Show story.

You know, the one that is such a NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT for Wake Forest.

There is a great story about class attendance during that period too ...

When Marquis was visiting Jeff at Wake, Jeff told Marquis he should not consider coming to Wake "because they make you go to class here."

That story does at least two things ...
it helps explain Marquis' choice for pre-NBA prep,
and further deflates the attempt to portray Dino's teams as out of control thugs who never entered a classroom.

You don't know jack-shit about Bob Knight other than what the media spoon feeds you.

And you don't know shit about the problems in our basketball program other than what Ben Sutton shat down your mouth after being spoon fed his info by Ron Wellman.

Back