• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

Jamie Skeen 2.0?

Well Skeen was already Loren Woods 2.0. Woods was the first modern transfer to do farther in the tournament than any of his former teammates. I don't doubt Tony Woods will do the same.

Your blind and total hatred of everything [Redacted] leads you to fully misrepresent what the ciach said.

BEFORE saying what you quoted, [Redacted] said this:"“Ari is a fine young man who has chosen to pursue happiness somewhere else,’’ [Redacted] said. “And I wish him well.’’

[Redacted] DID wish him well.

It's not blind hatred. I'm fully aware he wished Ari well. But the last part was just unnecessary - reference the shut the hell up part of my post. It's pretty clear to anyone who watches the program that there have been some issues there, but [Redacted] is the coach. He's SUPPOSED to be a leader. Just take the high road and let it go.

You look for anything bad and make things bad when they aren't.

He has made a number of PR blunders but this isn't one of them. It's not even close.

Whatever. Bzz has a huge dick and calls it like it is. Peace out, Ari.

the last statement by Bzz was unnecessary. I would like to think that he felt the need to present a good light on the transfer with that statement but it just rings hollow.

He needs someone to prepare his statements for him.

I hate to see someone go, but watching Ari whiff on rebounds and completely mishandle the ball this season was painful for both him and me I suspect... Hopefully the change in scenery will improve his attitude and better fit his playing style....

Good luck Ari...

Going to Xavier gives him a couple of chances to light us up for 30 points.

Good luck to him, wherever he goes.

Regardless of how it sounds, Buzz is right in that he gets another recruit that is "his" guy. The sooner Buzz gets his own recruits in here, the better. Getting his guys in to Wake faster just speeds up either the turn-around for Wake or his termination. Whichever happens first, let's speed it up.

I, for one, am happy for him. I wouldn't want to play for our douchebag of a coach either. Best of luck Ari!

I haven't seen any Wake ball this year, but based on last year and what I've read, it seems like Ari's game wasn't a good fit for a team without any dribble penetration. He just doesn't have the skillset to create his own shot and doesn't play good D. If he succeeds elsewhere it doesn't mean much about what could have been, unless we find a PG who fits his game.

Taken as a whole I have no problem with what Buzz said. Guys get injured and coaches talk about people stepping up. Not much difference IMHO.

Regardless of how it sounds, Buzz is right in that he gets another recruit that is "his" guy. The sooner Buzz gets his own recruits in here, the better. Getting his guys in to Wake faster just speeds up either the turn-around for Wake or his termination. Whichever happens first, let's speed it up.

While I understand the sentiment, my fear about is we are putting an incredible amount of faith in Bzz's ability to find diamonds in the rough. If these guys don't pan out we're looking at several years of total ineptitude followed by another rebuilding period under a new coach. At least with Dino there was always the possibility of landing a monster recruiting class and being good immediately. With Bzz, that's extremely unlikely (unless he is the greatest judge of talent ever). It scares me that we could be stuck with Bzz for 3 years then rebuild with a new coach. That could be 6 years of really, really sucking.

While I understand the sentiment, my fear about is we are putting an incredible amount of faith in Bzz's ability to find diamonds in the rough. If these guys don't pan out we're looking at several years of total ineptitude followed by another rebuilding period under a new coach. At least with Dino there was always the possibility of landing a monster recruiting class and being good immediately. With Bzz, that's extremely unlikely (unless he is the greatest judge of talent ever). It scares me that we could be stuck with Bzz for 3 years then rebuild with a new coach. That could be 6 years of really, really sucking.

Quite the self-loathing post here.

Not like it would take a "diamond" to replace Ari's contribution this year. A walk-on was getting his minutes. I have very little confidence in Bzzzz, but I do think he can out-recruit the Wake student body. Probably.

It doesn't look like Xavier has room on their roster for Ari. This may change since he will have to sit out a year.

I loved what he did last year, but he simply didn't fit the new system.

@travismckie Already homie RT @twoods55: @travismckie u played like a champ all yr. I think Things will b better as a whole next yr. Keep balln lil bruh

-----

Interesting...think he's referring to Ari leaving? Classy move on Woods' part to stay up with the players and wish them luck after the difficult circumstances surrounding his departure.

Back