• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

Taken as a whole I have no problem with what Buzz said. Guys get injured and coaches talk about people stepping up. Not much difference IMHO.

Agreed. Just depends on how you are viewing the situation as a whole (BuzzIn/BuzzOut).

I think it's one of those things that isn't really that bad, but is better left unsaid.

Unfortunately, [Redacted] does that a lot. And then he just says things that really are bad.

Best of luck to you, Ari! Even if you called me a punk ass.

Defend the coach. To hell with the "culture-less" players! To arms! To arms!

“It provides another young man with an opportunity,’’ [Redacted] said of Stewart’s departure.

-----

What a jackass. Why can't he just wish him well and shut the hell up?

What an over the top response!

I don't think that Ari failed because he worked hard and just could not do it. Therefore, I don't have a problem with the Coach pointing out that some young guy might want what Ari threw away.

But, Bz cannot do anything right from the perspective of most on this board.

Bzz might have a point, but in the announcement that a player is leaving is assuredly not the best time to make that point. Agreed?

His career at Wake Forest had been just so unfortunate. After freshman year, many of us thought he would go on to do big things at Wake. Now, it looks like it is definitely the right move for him to play somewhere else.

Hopefully everything works out for the best for him.

High potential, didn't pan out, transfers elsewhere and explodes.

It's routine now....Skeen, Gurley...and I fully expect both Woods and Ari to do well elsewhere...just points back to how inept our coaching staffs have been in teaching our guys to realize their potential.

Bzz might have a point, but in the announcement that a player is leaving is assuredly not the best time to make that point. Agreed?

Ordinarily that is probably true; but, since your returning players probably know what the situation actually was, if you come across as all sweetness you run the risk of appearing hypocritical to the people who actually matter most in this situation---the guys who will be playing for you next season.

On the other hand, if Ari was a really good guy who worked hard and was completely cooperative, a statement like that could very well destroy whatever good will the Coach had worked to build.

Time will tell.

Ordinarily that is probably true; but, since your returning players probably know what the situation actually was, if you come across as all sweetness you run the risk of appearing hypocritical to the people who actually matter most in this situation---the guys who will be playing for you next season.

On the other hand, if Ari was a really good guy who worked hard and was completely cooperative, a statement like that could very well destroy whatever good will the Coach had worked to build.

Time will tell.

Completely disagree. It's called taking the high road. It's what leaders do.

Time will tell.

I disagree that there would be a negative impact to leaving that statement out. The players understand the situation and likely want to see Ari, their friend, handled in a positive way in the media.

Again, don't think this is a big deal at all, but, as I have found so often to be the case, [Redacted] would have been better off not saying it.

Completely disagree. It's called taking the high road. It's what leaders do.

Leaders also tell the truth.

With all that said, I agree Bz would have been wise not to have said anything negative. And, I am not a Buzzin guy, I just think he has been treated unfairly. That is what bothers me about the over the top criticism. It was not that big a deal. It would have been best not to say it; but it certainly does not say anything about the Coach's character. My impression is that he tends to say what he thinks.

Last edited:
Again, don't think this is a big deal at all, but, as I have found so often to be the case, [Redacted] would have been better off not saying it.

SOCK JOKE WARNING

Maybe this is why Buzz is so concerned with socks. He's always putting his foot in his mouth.

Time will tell.

He could say that to the team in private, no? Doesn't need to say something like that in a press release, IMO.

Its sad how political this whole Bz-in/Bz-out thing has become.

Its like watching rjkarl and RULZ "debate" on the politics board.

Leaders also tell the truth.

With all that said, I agree Bz would have been wise not to have said anything negative. And, I am not a Buzzin guy, I just think he has been treated unfairly. That is what bothers me about the over the top criticism. It was not that big a deal. It would have been best not to say it; but it certainly does not say anything about the Coach's character. My impression is that he tends to say what he thinks.

:thumbsup:

This is the most retarded fucking argument I've ever seen. Bz hardly said anything... good or bad in that fucking press release.

Back