• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

Meh. Don't care what Buzz said about it. I just want to move on and see who we Buzz can get to fill his spot. This summer of recruiting is pretty make or break for [Redacted].

Peace out Ari.

What a huge waste of talent. You had some James Johnson-esque dunks that I thought showed enough raw athleticism that could have developed into serious inside game.

Instead you chose to hang out 4 feet behind the 3pt line and follow that up with a sloppy turnover and some matador defense.

Regardless of how it sounds, Buzz is right in that he gets another recruit that is "his" guy. The sooner Buzz gets his own recruits in here, the better. Getting his guys in to Wake faster just speeds up either the turn-around for Wake or his termination. Whichever happens first, let's speed it up.

I agree with this sentiment, although I must admit I am, at this point, pulling for the termination. I have become convinced that if we turn things around and reach the full height of all BZZ can offer us, we will be a bubble team. that's probably our ceiling with that guy as head coach.

well i dont really have much to say that hasnt been said so good luck where ever you end up Ari.

I agree with this sentiment, although I must admit I am, at this point, pulling for the termination. I have become convinced that if we turn things around and reach the full height of all BZZ can offer us, we will be a bubble team. that's probably our ceiling with that guy as head coach.

Interesting you say this - let's look at the last 5 years before Bzzzz
10 - NCAA bubble (made it)
09 - Solidly in
08 - out
07 - out
06 - out

So, I'm not saying bubble should be our expectation, but we haven't exactly been stellar the last 5 years.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe Buzz won't remove the LOWF tag. Let's not pretend that we're the shiznitz though.

We were not a bubble team last season. What are you talking about?

We were not a bubble team last season. What are you talking about?

We weren't a bubble team but even if we were a perennial bubble team before, why would we settle or aim for that now? With our current recruiting direction our players are going to have to play up to qualify for the tournament, where Dino's teams had to collapse (and they did :rulz:) to reach that level.

With Ari leaving will the Buzz Inners use this as an excuse if the Deacs struggle next season?

I would hope not. Its not like Ari was the difference this year between 4 and 8 wins.

I agree with this. I think that Coach [Redacted] did the right thing with what I have seen on and off the court in terms of going through the motions/lazy/bad attitude.

I am not trying to denigrate the player to make Coach [Redacted] look better, that is just my opinion.

I agree with this. I think that Coach [Redacted] did the right thing with what I have seen on and off the court in terms of going through the motions/lazy/bad attitude.

I am not trying to denigrate the player to make Coach [Redacted] look better, that is just my opinion.

If what is being said about him is true, than [Redacted] made the right choice cutting him loose. Too bad, he could have made a real difference if he had bought in.

Let it be noted that it sounds like Ari is the one that made the first move here.

I was half surprised Ari didnt transfer during the winter break to be able to play in the spring semester next season.

After this departure, the excuses for Buzz are slowly leaving.
I can see an unhappy "veteran" (for wake this year at least) player damaging a developing team so I'm happy to see Ari go so he can be in a better situation for him and leave Wake B-Ball in a better situation too.

I could never quite place my finger on what Ari was to become or not become. I think he was mis-utilized. I realize he's only 6'7" but I always thought he would be a better player if he had his back to the basket a bit more than he did. He couldn't handle the ball and was inexplicably always standing outside the arc and trying to launch 16-20 footers. He was a solid rebounder and played bigger than his height showed.

With some work and the right coaching he could be a solid 15/8 contributor at a big school. At the same time this could be the beginning of his fall and he could do nothing else in basketball and be best known for hitting the 3 from the Outer Banks at UNC, and hitting the OT against Texas.

I wish Ari the best, but it was obvious (for whatever reason) that he needed to move on from Wake. It is what it is.

Back