• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but what I've been allowed to hear via a bigger donor is that the even bigger donors asked Wellman to give Bz 3 years to clean, burn and reset. The third year is what he is being judged on.

Did they say this when telling Wellman they would pay for Dino's buyout without knowing the replacement? (As in... did they know Buzz was the replacement, or did they say give the new guy 3 years regardless of who it is?)

Did they say this after Wellman announced [Redacted] as head coach?

Or did they say this in January as we were surrounded by a sea of shit?

Sooo, this is like the fab 5 Michigan thing!? We have a bunch of thugs and the whiteheads are saying we needed to go back to a lilly white team!?
That is why we need 2 star recruits!

The big donors were pretty pissed about the direction of the program. Word is they were warned about the complete burning down and gave the go ahead.

The big donors were pretty pissed about the direction of the program. Word is they were warned about the complete burning down and gave the go ahead.

How do these big money dudes feel about tye dyes and motorcycles?

All about going to class and trying to be a student, no scandlas, etc...

I'm guessing these folks hang their hat on "we're different," which we have been for a long time. Probably why we are only a cyclical contenter, but I get it. It's their money. Can't say I don't get some pride frombeing the little engine that tries to do it right. Doesn't mean Bz is the answer, but from what I've heard, the program really was not Wake Forest the last two years or so.

Old people can be so damn annoying.

God forbid we strive for excellence.

One step closer to a white-out on the court, and we all know how successful that is going to be....

Its not the complete collapse that (really) bothers me. Its the fact that we are all left staring at the ashes with a HC that has a history of being inept. If he were at CU right now, and we fire Dino next month as opposed to 12 months ago - I feel a lot better about him being able to turn us around.

As it stands though, regardless of the "new culture" (which, after reading this, kind of seems like they are constantly trying to remind the elderly that they asked for this) you don't create a program that competes in the ACC with guys that belong in the CAA

Who are these old donors who are okay with mediocrity? And really what was so non-Wake Forest about the prior two years? It's not like we had scandal after scandal in the press.

If all of this (i.e. losing, sucking, LOWFing) is being propogated by a bunch of old white donors who want a culture change, it's bullshit. Wellman works for the university, not old men donors who are proud to lose with class, so long as we're the "better" university. I'm not trying to be naive about the pull big monied donors have, but Wellman does not work for them. And he's about to lose a lot of money through reduced ticket sales, donations from others, merchandise sales, etc. I hope the 95 year old white dudes who want to return to peach baskets and Chuck Taylors are writing checks big enough to cover those losses. Damn it, these old people really piss me off. They do not own Wake Forest and fuck them for thinking they do.

It's not that they are okay with mediocrity, they just want the school to be like it was back in the 70's and 80's (or what they think it was like).

Sounds like the blue hairs who have been asking folks to sit down for years are finally getting their revenge.

Back