• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart officially gone

After this departure, the excuses for Buzz are slowly leaving.
I can see an unhappy "veteran" (for wake this year at least) player damaging a developing team so I'm happy to see Ari go so he can be in a better situation for him and leave Wake B-Ball in a better situation too.

I am pretty sure this is what Coach [Redacted] is trying to do. Weed out the players that he does not see fit for the future, and bring in his own guys.

I agree that the excuses are going away. I will give him two more years (maybe only next year if it is as awful as this one). I believe that is only fair.

I am pretty sure this is what Coach [Redacted] is trying to do. Weed out the players that he does not see fit for the future, and bring in his own guys.

I agree that the excuses are going away. I will give him two more years (maybe only next year if it is as awful as this one). I believe that is only fair.

We've just managed to land in a perfect storm where we don't have a solid cast of players in place (in their current developmental stage) and have a mediocre (at best) coach teaching them.

Frustrating.

I don't get it's "only fair" in reference to a coach making 7 figures a year.

It's not unfair economically, it's unfair from a "getting the job done" perspective. I'm not saying this is the case but what if you get hired to a corporation to fix the marketing department and you have a bunch of shitty employees, limited resources, and have a different view on advertising than the previous person who had your job?

Regardless of how much you're making maybe you need more than a year to turn it around.

Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with this, but I think "fair" and making a certain amount of money are non-sequiturs in this case.

7 figures now for hopeful long-term success later

Does kinda seem silly that he is only making 1 less figure than he won this season..... He needs a raise!!!!

This is the most retarded fucking argument I've ever seen. Bz hardly said anything... good or bad in that fucking press release.

AGH YES. USE THAT FUCKING F WORD. I love the emotions allowed on the new boards.

Ari lacked defense and ballhandling. He always seemed stiff. Like a young Forrest Gump. Or a very tall, very stationary tree.

Freshman year, it seemed like Ari was money shooting 3s from the corners.

Given that ability as well as his build, I thought Ari had a Bruce Bowen-like ceiling.

Hopefully he finds that ceiling in his next stop & beyond.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but what I've been allowed to hear via a bigger donor is that the even bigger donors asked Wellman to give Bz 3 years to clean, burn and reset. The third year is what he is being judged on.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but what I've been allowed to hear via a bigger donor is that the even bigger donors asked Wellman to give Bz 3 years to clean, burn and reset. The third year is what he is being judged on.

Not all that shocking I suppose. This year was a lost year anyway. I'm sure another coach could have done better, but it would not have been in a meaningful way.

At least this board revealed how we (likely) ended up with [Redacted].

I saw Ari going to class today, in case anyone was wondering if he was finishing out the semester instead of just quitting.

Next season goes like this one I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this hanging in the Joel before tip off one of our two nationally televised games.

Aston-Villa-fans-007.jpg

If this is accurate, it is really regrettable. A lot of smaller donors will be long gone before the reset takes affect, if it ever does.

I don't doubt that at all.

It makes sense to judge the hire in the 3rd year.

Of course what would really make sense is to never make the hire in the first place.

I also don't think that the 3rd year will accurately reflect what the talent level will be like after [Redacted]'s 4th, and I hope that in evaluating him people realize that the core of the team will likely be highly ranked players that Dino recruited.

While I understand the sentiment, my fear about is we are putting an incredible amount of faith in Bzz's ability to find diamonds in the rough. If these guys don't pan out we're looking at several years of total ineptitude followed by another rebuilding period under a new coach. At least with Dino there was always the possibility of landing a monster recruiting class and being good immediately. With Bzz, that's extremely unlikely (unless he is the greatest judge of talent ever). It scares me that we could be stuck with Bzz for 3 years then rebuild with a new coach. That could be 6 years of really, really sucking.

This. I am terrified of what is going to happen in the next few years. His lack of success at Colorado and their success this year does not lead me to believe in him. AT ALL.

Back