• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

I've watched a good bit of the Indiana game, their offense is legit. Good o-line, big bruising tailback and a good pocket passing QB. We're going to have to play very well and create some turnovers to have a chance I believe.

Agree with liveanddiedeac. I've watched parts of all 3 Indiana games, and their offense is very good like you say. We really need the defense to get some turnovers and create some short fields for the offense. Their defense is not that great, so maybe we can score more than 17 points. This will be Indiana's 1st road game of the season so maybe that will help too.

I don't think the press conference is made available anywhere. His post-game radio comments can be replayed via the All-Access link on the official site (subscription required).

ahhhh ok, thx 94

By my count, we have 1,356 yards of total offense this year. It appears that we didn't reach that mark until our seventh game last year. Baby steps.

Indiana's defense is terrible. But we as a team may be pretty terrible so... Yeah.

@CoachScheier: TRUST is the basis of ALL relationships. So, when the snap rolls back, U don't break stride knowing the ball will B on the spot & U nail it!

Clawson addressing the team inside the locker room after the win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPcBWCOEZXk

video is private

Odd. The link was tweeted out by an official account but the tweet was later deleted and obviously the video was made private. That is a shame. The clip showed a very, very exuberant Clawson telling the team that they didn't need to apologize to anyone for how they won the game. How proud he was that they made plays when they needed to. Played hard all 4 quarters etc.

When the clip starts the players are chanting/singing/calling out WEEEEAAVER WEEEEAVER

Yeah but our o-line won't allow the time to pass that WKU's did. Yeah I'm saying it, our o- line is not as good as WKU's.
I agree with that. I can't imagine our o-line giving Wolford or Hinton or Tom Brady enough time to throw for 480 yards against any defense.

I agree with that. I can't imagine our o-line giving Wolford or Hinton or Tom Brady enough time to throw for 480 yards against any defense.

That's my concern as well. I don't think we will be able to score enough to stay in the game.

I was at the game. Some observations.

1- On the Wofford hit, it didn't look like he fully committed to sliding and was caught in between that and a dive. Think that's what led to a clumsy hit and injury.

2- our o line played really poorly in the first half, but about half way through 3rd quarter on they were OK. Snaps were so inconsistent and even when they were on target it seemed to take forever to get to QB. This group is definitely the weakness of the team and I could only think about how they will be able to hold up against ACC teams. (Didn't see cuse game)

3- Hinton did an admirable job. His decisions on when to run vs pass were very good as he didn't abandon trying to hit a pass before taking off. Tbh he may be a better option even if Wofford is better overall because he can move around well when the pass protection breaks down. He had a couple bad throws but that's to be expected in that situation.

4- Coaching adjustments on offense clearly started around 5 min left in 3rd quarter when we started passing deep and playing hurry up. It should have come earlier but it did happen. Some reluctance may have been on if pass protection could hold up but Army was so close to the LOS all day the short passes had no chance.

5 - D did a very good job against the option, especially against the fb dive which I have seen the likes of Navy gash us with in past years. They looked organized and read plays well. But one BAD play was when Shaw had a great chance for a fumble recovery but didn't hustle to the ball. Dont know if he thought play was dead but we have to jump on those.

6 - there is clearly improvement from last year but our best chance for another win may be Indiana. Just hope to see us get better and better as season goes on

Other: both teams there for alma maters was cool. Army has a great fight song. The parachute jump into the stadium is amazing.

Last edited:
I was at the game. Some observations.

1- On the Wofford hit, it didn't look like he fully committed to sliding and was caught in between that and a dive. Think that's what led to a clumsy hit and injury.

2- our o line played really poorly in the first half, but about half way through 3rd quarter on they were OK. Snaps were so inconsistent and even when they were on target it seemed to take forever to get to QB. This group is definitely the weakness of the team and I could only think about how they will be able to hold up against ACC teams. (Didn't see cuse game)

3- Hinton did an admirable job. His decisions on when to run vs pass were very good as he didn't abandon trying to hit a pass before taking off. Tbh he may be a better option even if Wofford is better overall because he can move around well when the pass protection breaks down. He had a couple bad throws but that's to be expected in that situation.

4- Coaching adjustments on offense clearly started around 5 min left in 3rd quarter when we started passing deep and playing hurry up. It should have come earlier but it did happen. Some reluctance may have been on if pass protection could hold up but Army was so close to the LOS all day the short passes had no chance.

5 - D did a very good job against the option, especially against the fb dive which I have seen the likes of Navy gash us with in past years. They looked organized and read plays well. But one BAD play was when Shaw had a great chance for a fumble recovery but didn't hustle to the ball. Dont know if he thought play was dead but we have to jump on those.

6 - there is clearly improvement from last year but our best chance for another win may be Indiana. Just hope to see us get better and better as season goes on

Other: both teams there for alma maters was cool. Army has a great fight song. The parachute jump into the stadium is amazing.

My only concern with Hinton is that he throws 4 or 5 picks against a D like Clemson's or FSU's.

My only concern with Hinton is that he throws 4 or 5 picks against a D like Clemson's or FSU's.

I think that concern exists with Wolford too. Don't know how much the injury affected him but the pick he threw was far more inexcusable than either of Hinton's (the first he was hit as he was throwing, the second he just underthrew--which, to be fair, was a common theme of his day). The intercepting player (linebacker?) was sitting on Wolford's throw all day and, even if he hadn't been, there was a guy draped over the receiver who would've gotten a piece of and might have nabbed it.

The offense we want to run is when Wolford is QB (Claw wants a 60/40 pass/run). The offense we run with Hinton in is the exact opposite (40/60 pass to run)

I was at the game and don't have a good sense--weirdly, sitting in the end zone may not the best way to evaluate an offense--how many of Hinton's runs were designed draw plays and how many were busted pass plays that he made something out of?

I think that concern exists with Wolford too. Don't know how much the injury affected him but the pick he threw was far more inexcusable than either of Hinton's (the first he was hit as he was throwing, the second he just underthrew--which, to be fair, was a common theme of his day). The intercepting player (linebacker?) was sitting on Wolford's throw all day and, even if he hadn't been, there was a guy draped over the receiver who would've gotten a piece of and might have nabbed it.
Was darn near 3 pics. Still trying to understand that last call for a 5 yard outpattern.

Back