• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

Odd. The link was tweeted out by an official account but the tweet was later deleted and obviously the video was made private. That is a shame. The clip showed a very, very exuberant Clawson telling the team that they didn't need to apologize to anyone for how they won the game. How proud he was that they made plays when they needed to. Played hard all 4 quarters etc.

When the clip starts the players are chanting/singing/calling out WEEEEAAVER WEEEEAVER

If I had to guess, it would be that Clawson for whatever reason didn't want the video out there and asked that it be taken down

Censoring media coverage is always a good sign...

It's not exactly media coverage...it's what happens inside the locker room, which is not open to the media. Not a big deal to me if he didn't want it out there, it's a private place

But one BAD play was when Shaw had a great chance for a fumble recovery but didn't hustle to the ball. Dont know if he thought play was dead but we have to jump on those.

Had forgotten about that play. Didn't read the whole game thread so don't know if it got discussed there. But yeah, we missed an opportunity there. I went bananas when I saw it on TV.

Was darn near 3 pics. Still trying to understand that last call for a 5 yard outpattern.

Stacked up against the run - if Wake loses yards there it could have pushed them out of field goal range. I actually like the call - he was open and it's a simple throw. That's what worries me about Hinton - that's just a simple sideline hit you know you have to put where only your guy can catch it - against a single defender playing inside the receiver - and he threw it way behind him into the defense.

We have a guy that can really spin the ball and can run it a little, and we have a guy who can really run the ball and can throw it a little. Hinton could have had 4 picks plus a few 50/50 balls, and I'm not sure he's going to be able to run at will against the more athletic teams in the ACC. Wolford on the other hand can throw guys open.

It's nice to have a backup with some real talent and a nice skillset - I just don't see him being a better option than Wolford against real competition. Who knows though - both QB's seem fit the mold of the good but flawed QB that gets you back to being decent before you get a really good QB who takes you to the next level.

Which is hopefully Jamie Newman after a redshirt year.

The thing we've got to do if we do play Hinton some when Wolford is healthy is let Hinton throw the ball some. I've seen several teams use packages for a "running" QB and it seems when they do it, 99 percent of the time they run the QB keeper out of the zone read. Might work for a play or 2, but you can't let teams just assume that's what is going to happen every time your "running" QB is in the game. Hinton showed the ability to make good deep throws so hopefully if we do use him some even when Wolford is healthy, we still take some shots with him throwing the ball to keep defenses honest.

My only concern with Hinton is that he throws 4 or 5 picks against a D like Clemson's or FSU's.

Who cares? We're going to get rolled by those teams anyway. The issue is whether he can help us win a game or two where the talent gap is closer.

Need a little tv input from y'all Directv is saying Indiana @ Wake is on channel 57 (WACH Carolina, local fox affiliate). I had this issue with the Cuse game where during the week the guide was telling me it would be on local tv. Then during game day it switched to channel 791 (an ESPN affiliate). I was able to watch the entire first half of the Cuse game (after ordering it on the phone) and then halftime hits and it says it was blacked out. Did anyone else have this problem and can anyone from NC/SC area with directv confirm that there's says channel 57 for the game?

Interesting to note that the coaching staff named Ty Hayworth offensive player of the week. Brandon Chubb was defensive MVP.

Jalen Latter (who played Army's QB in practice) and Elontae Bateman were the Scout team MVPs.

I don't remember one time where the QB would give the ball to the full back where it went longer than 4 yards that has a lot to do with the MLB/Chubb

Need a little tv input from y'all Directv is saying Indiana @ Wake is on channel 57 (WACH Carolina, local fox affiliate). I had this issue with the Cuse game where during the week the guide was telling me it would be on local tv. Then during game day it switched to channel 791 (an ESPN affiliate). I was able to watch the entire first half of the Cuse game (after ordering it on the phone) and then halftime hits and it says it was blacked out. Did anyone else have this problem and can anyone from NC/SC area with directv confirm that there's says channel 57 for the game?

Its on the ACC Network, which in the Triad is Fox8 WGHP. It'll vary by region, but it should be on the channel that you normally watch the ACC game of the week.

I don't remember one time where the QB would give the ball to the full back where it went longer than 4 yards that has a lot to do with the MLB/Chubb

We did a great job against the dive and I've always heard that is what you've got to stop first when playing the option.

Its on the ACC Network, which in the Triad is Fox8 WGHP. It'll vary by region, but it should be on the channel that you normally watch the ACC game of the week.

Thanks I'm in Columbia so I assume I'll get it on this local fox affiliate

Second this. Chubb did an excellent job defending the dive man for the entire game. Preparing to defend the option relies so much more on discipline and knowing your role than prepping for any other offensive scheme, unless you can clearly out athlete everybody, and Chubb executed very well. I used to hate getting ready to play against the option in high school ball because, more so than any other offense, if you screwed up there would usually be no one else there to help.

This site might help. http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Indiana is averaging 40.6 points a game while also allowing 35 points a game they have played S.Illinois, FIU, and WKU They give up 544.33 yards a game and gain 557.66 yards a game. They seem to have a balanced attack with each game they have thrown over 300 yards and have had a 100+ yard rusher It also appears that they have a weak defense considering the opponents I think we need to hope for a defensive struggle if Wolford cannot play cause I don't think we can keep up with their offense with Hinton in

If I were Clawson I'd put Hinton and Wolford in the game at the same time. Hinton does not have to play QB to be a weapon. Move them both around.

If I were Clawson I'd put Hinton and Wolford in the game at the same time. Hinton does not have to play QB to be a weapon. Move them both around.

So you're suggesting we learn a new formation altogether? We don't really have the personnel on the OL to run the wildcat or to put our 2nd string QB in at tailback.

Back