• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

Rain is in the forecast. Maybe that can ugly the game up for us a little.

Yeah that might be a good thing. I don't think we can score with them so a defensive struggle would be great and the weather should help that.

Yeah that might be a good thing. I don't think we can score with them so a defensive struggle would be great and the weather should help that.

The only problem with that is they've got a good O-line and a very good, big tailback. Not sure a grind it out game would suit us either. We need another good performance from our defense and finally get some turnovers and the O-line has got to give Wolford/Hinton time to throw the ball. We can move the ball on their defense, but the O-line has got to give our QB enough time to make throws. Some semblance of a running game would help too.

Whatever time we're slowly grinding up the field is time their offense is wandering around drinking Gatorade.

I'm not a subscriber to the source that '94 mentioned, but where is this:

but from Clawson?

One other note. IU's defensive coordinator is Brian Knorr, who I believe you know fairly well.

Which is why we knew your defense would suck.

Knorr is used to Wake's old offensive philosophy. 4th and inches on the IU 30, send out the punt return squad. We got em right where we want em.

Interesting updated depth chart on the official site. Says it was updated yesterday. Chris Stewart jumped Wendell Dunn at DE. And Chris Calhoun is starting at Drop with Shaw backing him up (when is Duke coming back???).

QB is listed Wolford OR Hinton.

Clawson said Duke isn't coming back till he shows no signs from the concussion. So who knows, no timetable.

Interesting updated depth chart on the official site. Says it was updated yesterday. Chris Stewart jumped Wendell Dunn at DE. And Chris Calhoun is starting at Drop with Shaw backing him up (when is Duke coming back???).

QB is listed Wolford OR Hinton.

Pre-season I considered the DL the most consistant/reliable/talented area on the team. 3 games in and we've had more changes than anywhere else. I've noticed that the DL so far doesn't have the quickness/speed/drive forward that I saw last season. We look lumbering.

Also, the tv guys last Saturday said Wolford hurt the same ankle in the Syracuse game. That was news to me ! My guess is Wolford won't play vs. Indiana and be iffy for FSU. Obviously, Kearns' red-shirt is now in jeopardy as the next man up should Hinton get dinged. Hope I'm wrong on Wolford but he really looked hobbled on that scramble.

The DL recruitment was considered an impressive effort, but we haven't seen it on the field.

Clawson shouldn't announce a starter at QB until the last minute.

I think Stewart has looked good at DE so far, glad he's getting the start. On last week's radio show, Clawson said Duke could be back for Indiana, so maybe he'll mention his status on tomorrow night's show.

Except he thinks are punting game isn't very good and our tight end transferred from SC. But good other than that.

Since Wake hasn't announced a starting QB, Wake/Indiana is only game this weekend without a betting line out yet.

I wonder how significant a difference Wolford vs. Hinton starting is for the oddsmakers.

I wonder if Rocky Reid will see the field this year now that he is back practicing. It seems Claw sees something in him the other RBs don't possess

Which is why we knew your defense would suck.

Knorr's 3 defenses were pretty stout (Music City Bowl, 2012, 2013).

They were ranked very high his last year. The problems with those teams were the horrible offensive outputs in '12 and '13. He (unlike the offense) left Clawson/Elko with a very good situation on defense.

Back