• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

Knorr's 3 defenses were pretty stout (Music City Bowl, 2012, 2013).

They were ranked very high his last year. The problems with those teams were the horrible offensive outputs in '12 and '13. He (unlike the offense) left Clawson/Elko with a very good situation on defense.

Wilson hired Knorr on the strength of those defenses and on the theory that Knorr put those Wake defenses together with a similar talent pool to what IU is working with.

Since Wake hasn't announced a starting QB, Wake/Indiana is only game this weekend without a betting line out yet.

I wonder how significant a difference Wolford vs. Hinton starting is for the oddsmakers.

Probably a -1 favorite with Wolford, down to +2.5 or so with Hinton would be my guess.

Reading Hayworths comments he said "we have to protect Kendall this week..."

The game would've been a pick or WF a slight favorite with Wolford. Without him, Indiana will be a slight favorite. Indiana results have not been impressive. They beat a 1-AA team by one point (surrendering 47), a bad FIU team and WKU by 2. They went 1-7 in the Big 10 last year.

The game would've been a pick or WF a slight favorite with Wolford. Without him, Indiana will be a slight favorite. Indiana results have not been impressive. They beat a 1-AA team by one point (surrendering 47), a bad FIU team and WKU by 2. They went 1-7 in the Big 10 last year.

Based on watching both teams I expected Wake to be +10 to +12. Honestly hope I'm dead wrong but right now I'm guessing IU 34 Wake 20.

The real question is who would win between Indiana's offense and the Syracuse front seven?

I think a real key for us will be getting some turnovers. We have yet to be on the receiving end of a turnover after 3 games, let's hope that changes this weekend.

Agree with Hondo. This is a big time offense coming to town. Leading rusher in the country and top 10 passer as well. Draft picks on the OL. Would think Deacs are 9-10 point dogs in this one.

I think a real key for us will be getting some turnovers. We have yet to be on the receiving end of a turnover after 3 games, let's hope that changes this weekend.

Agreed. Indiana is going to move the ball against us and we need to create turnovers in this one to give the offense a shot. I would be surprised if we won this one without creating any turnovers.

I expect this to be pretty similar to last year's Syracuse game. Shitty noon start and a 20+ point loss.

We will beat Indiana. Our defense is pretty good again this year. We need more of a pass rush to help our DBs. With Hinton at QB, we will score at least 28.

Back