• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army @ Wake Forest - 7:30 PM RSN/Bally

I would think the defense should be fired up for this one to atone for Army making them look like a gnat on a windshield last year.

Anybody watching the game in Manhattan? Going to be up there this weekend.

Family is out of town so I think I may head to the Wake Atlanta watch party although I do get Bally.
Sign up - first drink is on Wake for this game watch 😀 I haven’t been yet this season, so I can’t speak to the bar itself, but I’m in the YTTV camp (and don’t want to watch on my laptop with a VPN).

Let's take a deeper look at Army's games this season. They are 1-3 ATS and have only played 1 road game.

Week 1 - L 28-38 at Coastal Carolina (-1.5)
Black Knights had 1 scoring opportunity the whole game (defined as moving on offense past the opponent's 40-yard-line). They did score 7 points on that 1 opportunity. However, they had a three explosive plays, including a 70-yard TD run, 54-yard play action TD pass, and a 73-yard TD pass. This was a close game till late in the 4th quarter. Army rushed for 202 yards, but Coastal out-gained them overall by almost 100 yards.

Week 2 - L 38-41 (OT) vs. UTSA (-2)
Black Knights had 5 scoring opportunities, getting 21 points out of those. Another explosive passing TD of 77-yards, another of 42-yards. They passed for 304 yards, the most since 2001 (!) for Army. They gave up more than 500 yards of offense. Army lead 28-14 midway through the 3rd quarter. Reads like a game they should have won.

Week 3 - W 49-10 vs. Villanova (FCS, +14)
Not much to say here, Army rushed for 472 yards and attempted 1 pass, lol. Villanova was ranked top-5 in the FCS, so this was not expected to be so lopsided. 12 Black Knights had a rushing attempt. They had 192 rushing yards in the open field (defined as 10 yards past the LOS) which is crazy high.

Week 4 - BYE

Week 5 - L, 10-34 vs. Georgia State (+8.5)

Bad loss here for the Black Knights coming off a bye. They were huge favorites at home coming off a massive rushing performance. As Pilch mentioned, they were down 17-0 at half and it didn't get much better from there. Only 14 points off of 7 scoring opportunities for the Black Knights. Georgia State had two 100-yard rushers. They also stopped a 4th-and-11 fake punt and had a goaline stand on fourth-down.

Army had only 11 yards passing in this game, giving them a total of 11-yards passing the past two games, after passing for more than 300 against UTSA! Army's success rate on passing downs was bad almost the whole game, and this looks like the first game where they didn't have any explosive plays to help them out.

Sign up - first drink is on Wake for this game watch I haven’t been yet this season, so I can’t speak to the bar itself, but I’m in the YTTV camp (and don’t want to watch on my laptop with a VPN).

All signed up.

QB’s Lewis and Andersen, who both threw the ball very well against WF last year, have moved on. QB Tyhier Tyler, a very elusive running threat, remains. Also playing QB is the former 4th-string QB who threw the pick on the fake punt last year.

Last edited:
Wake will win, and on paper we should pound them, but the Liberty game gives one pause. Army might cover. Something like 38-21 seems right to me.

I don't think this team is going to score a ton of points unless they need to do so. I agree 38-21 looks about right. 24-7 at the half and 31-7 early in the 2nd and the rest will be just trying to get into the bye week healthy and give some backups some experience. Probably a heavy dose of Cooley the closer in the 4th.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but any educated guesses on kickoff time for BC?

Didn't want to start a new thread, but any educated guesses on kickoff time for BC?

There are only four ACC games. It’s the second best matchup after Clemson-Cuse. But we won’t find out until next Monday.

They aren’t. They will win 9+ games. Granted the schedule isn’t great.
They play Arkansas, BYU, wake, and Virginia Tech (who happens to be bad this year) so it's not a horrible schedule. They just have a couple awful teams like UMass and UConn. I think they'll surprise one of the top 4 on their schedule (glad it ended up not being us)

There are only four ACC games. It’s the second best matchup after Clemson-Cuse. But we won’t find out until next Monday.
Without looking at other conference games my guess is Clemson/cuse will get on an ESPN network and wake/BC will be the ACC Network prime time game.

Last edited:
SEC and Big 12 slates are pretty thin that weekend too. I think there’s a solid chance our game is on ESPN or ESPN2, maybe even noon on ABC.

If Cuse beats State on Oct 15, Clemson-Cuse becomes another big game. The other games are Duke-Miami and Pitt-Louisville. I could see Duke-Miami being the ACCN primetime game and BC-Wake as the 4:00 ACCN game.

Hope you're right, BBD.

They aren’t. They will win 9+ games. Granted the schedule isn’t great.
They're definitely good but a little hard to pin down. I mean they nearly beat us but then struggled against god-awful Akron. I guess you can chalk that up to a hangover like we thought we might have against FSU?

They're definitely good but a little hard to pin down. I mean they nearly beat us but then struggled against god-awful Akron. I guess you can chalk that up to a hangover like we thought we might have against FSU?

They played their 3rd string QB against Akron

Cooley was in uniform at FSU.

Would like to see us utilize 3 running backs and just blast Army running the ball. Then WR should be very open for scores.

Keep their god-awful offensive scheme on the sidelines.

Back