• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army @ Wake Forest - 7:30 PM RSN/Bally

Cooley was in uniform at FSU.

Would like to see us utilize 3 running backs and just blast Army running the ball. Then WR should be very open for scores.

Keep their god-awful offensive scheme on the sidelines.
I think the running game has looked better the last two weeks because we only had 2 RB’s in the rotation. 3 is just too many. Sometimes it even feels like 2 is too many.

Three is not too many if they’re all good.

I think the running game has looked better the last two weeks because we only had 2 RB’s in the rotation. 3 is just too many. Sometimes it even feels like 2 is too many.
Except before Saturday Cooley had looked like our best back at gaining yardage. I like him in the rotation.

Except before Saturday Cooley had looked like our best back at gaining yardage. I like him in the rotation.

But Ellison and Turner are great at pass blocking. Cooley isn’t KWIII. Not yet.

Anyone know how well Lambert-led defense do against the triple option?

Direct TV Stream has the Regional Sports Networks. Can sign up for free for a week or so then cancel. Best streaming service for sports

Anyone know how well Lambert-led defense do against the triple option?
He faced Navy 4 times when he was our D coordinator back in the day. He went 1-3, but he didn’t get much help from the offense and who can forget that classic swamp game at navy in 2009

Last years game was one of the wildest games I’ve ever seen. Army had over 42 minutes of possession and 31 first downs. Wake scored 70 points, with just over 17 minutes of possession. That has to be a record.

QB Tyler #2 ran for over 100 yards against us last year. He has completed two passes this year: one for 77, one for 54 yards.

The QB who has thrown the majority of passes this year for Army is the one who threw the pick on the fake punt last year. He hasn’t seen athletes in the secondary at WF’s level since that game.

Army loves to stay on schedule and go for it on fourth down. Three yards is a good play for them. We need to disrupt them and get into the backfield and tackle.

The 2009 Navy game does not count and should have a Phil Jackson is a douchebag 2020 LA Lakers title, asterisk next to it.

They saw lightning at halftime, in that fully metal stadium, and went "meh" we are the Navy, keep playing in the tropical storm, we have the clear advantage.

We threw the ball well and almost came back to win, in the late 3rd/4th quarter once the field was somewhat playable.

Last years game was one of the wildest games I’ve ever seen. Army had over 42 minutes of possession and 31 first downs. Wake scored 70 points, with just over 17 minutes of possession. That has to be a record.
I think our defense will have a chip on it's shoulder after last year's game. I would imagine Clawson is making sure they remember how bad Army abused them last year.

I think our defense will have a chip on it's shoulder after last year's game. I would imagine Clawson is making sure they remember how bad Army abused them last year.

I think we’ve already seen a huge difference in our defense against the run between last year and this year, but this game it is going to be very apparent. Hemphill’s struggles were with scheme and alignment, and that is what you need to face a disciplined army office.

Kobie Turner is going to EAT Saturday
We have had such a solid run of quality playmakers at DT. It's pretty remarkable. Even with guys like freaking Nikita Whitlock. It's like a charmed spot on the roster for us.

I think we’ve already seen a huge difference in our defense against the run between last year and this year, but this game it is going to be very apparent. Hemphill’s struggles were with scheme and alignment, and that is what you need to face a disciplined army office.
It seems to me that we close on the ball and tackle considerably better now. I don't know that I have the stats to back that up beyond the #eyetest

Kobie Turner is going to EAT Saturday
Turner, Bergen, Williams, Pointer just need to take care of the fullback dive, that's where the option starts. Do a good job against the dive and it makes defending the option a lot easier.

Just praying that our defenders knee ligaments all survive the cut blocking

Reminded me a lot of that Syracuse game at the carrier dome with Wolford where each team scored every possession and I believe we won something like 76-60

Reminded me a lot of that Syracuse game at the carrier dome with Wolford where each team scored every possession and I believe we won something like 76-60
It was 64-43. But it was wild. It was only the 2nd time under Clawson that we scored 50+ but we have done it 11 times since then.

Back