• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assistant Coaches - Belin and Jackson retained, Cohen hired for DL

I wonder if Hunter is the Recruiting Coordinator that Clawson mentioned hiring in Magic's post?

I got the impression the Director of Player Personnel was different than a Recruiting Coordinator, possibly a grad level position.

Guess this thread should contain Magic's info that Belin is staying on from Grobe's staff too. Possibly a couple others (Himey?).

Dir of Player Personnel is not necessarily a grad level position (although it may be at Wake). At Alabama, it is Kevin Steele, who has been a head coach at Baylor, a DC at Alabama and Clemson, and was on the staff at FSU for 5 years.

Dir of Player Personnel is not necessarily a grad level position (although it may be at Wake). At Alabama, it is Kevin Steele, who has been a head coach at Baylor, a DC at Alabama and Clemson, and was on the staff at FSU for 5 years.

Good info. Thanks.

I wonder how much we will be able to learn about future Wake teams by watching BG's bowl game against Pittsburgh?

Not sure. I'll be watching regardless. They'll likely be using Claw's system. I'd like to see the true frosh RB and WR who I wouldn't mind deciding they want to follow Claw to Winston.

Not sure. I'll be watching regardless. They'll likely be using Claw's system. I'd like to see the true frosh RB and WR who I wouldn't mind deciding they want to follow Claw to Winston.

Typically this rarely happens where a player follows a coach to a school.

I would be okay with this though

jon-scheyer-30-of-the-duke-blue-devils-drives-against-chris-singleton-311.jpg

#Scheierface

Typically this rarely happens where a player follows a coach to a school.

I would be okay with this though

I think it rarely happens because it would only make sense for a true freshman who played to do it.

Jeez, my son's AAU team has a kid who does a Sheierface every time he gets the ball

Coaches probably also don't want to be viewed as stealing players from their previous employer. You can argue how unfair that is for the players (ie. the "product').

Oh I'm sure but I think it's rare because it only makes sense for a small number of players.

No. Can you?

You also have a kid that has already "made it", as in he is already getting PT, and now he has to sit out a year. That kid that is already playing doesn't want to give that up. The kid that isn't playing doesn't want to follow the coach that didn't play him.

Fair points. Still the kid may question his playing time under the new coach.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying I would like it to and it's possible.

Back