• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assistant Coaches - Belin and Jackson retained, Cohen hired for DL

May depend on if Clawson gets one of these guys or not.

Here are some other names mentioned.

@Coachingscoop: Sources tell us that West Virginia offensive line coach Ron Crook, former Rutgers offensive line coach Damian Wroblewski and 2013 Wake offensive line coach Jonathan Himebauch have all interviewed for the offensive line job at Wake.

For a position coach it is true that joining the Wake staff right now would be about as good as it gets at the BCS level in terms of job security. You know Clawson will be given many years and Clawson staffs have had a lot of continuity historically.

That is true, but we have been clamoring for a situation where the assistant's job security is not tied to the HC's job security. And many position coaches are looking for opportunities to move up. Wake is not the most prestigious of BCS schools to have on your resume.
To clarify again, not disagreeing with your point. Just thinking about some additional context. Clawson seems like a good salesman that can recruit ambitious and talented position coaches to come in and help him rebuild the program.

If you are a position coach, it is much better to be in a situation where you can move up and out, but are not too worried about whether or not you will have a job next year. If your boss is sitting on a hot seat, you have to be looking for a place to land - sometimes anyplace. If your boss is comfortable, you can look, but only move if you find something better. It is better (usually) to have position coaches who spend their time looking for players, rather than looking for their next landing place.

Here are some other names mentioned.

@Coachingscoop: Sources tell us that West Virginia offensive line coach Ron Crook, former Rutgers offensive line coach Damian Wroblewski and 2013 Wake offensive line coach Jonathan Himebauch have all interviewed for the offensive line job at Wake.

Wroblewski was fired from Rutgers and did not coach in the Pinstripe Bowl against ND.

If you are a person working any job, it is much better to be in a situation where you can move up and out, but are not too worried about whether or not you will have a job next year.

FYP

I'd rather keep Coach Himebauch than the guy from WVU. Their O line was horrible last year.

I'd rather keep Coach Himebauch than the guy from WVU. Their O line was horrible last year.

I'm looking at his time at Stanford. I'm sure Claw is as well.

WV is another bad to mediocre season away from cleaning house. May be a good time for quality assistants there to find a new gig.

Well that sucks.

Back