• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assistant Coaches - Belin and Jackson retained, Cohen hired for DL

I believe interviews are being finalized an announcement should be made sometime this week. I would guess we will know by Wednesday.

" The Falcons' rushing offense ranked 39th in the nation in 2013 with 193.4 yards per game. During his time at BGSU, Hunter coached three different running backs to All-America, All-MAC and MAC Freshman of the Year honors. "

Sounds like a good resume for Hunter. Have we had an All-American running back? Brian Piccolo? Chris Barclay?

I'm not familiar with his resume, but I do know that not all of the sources on coaching search, etc. are perfectly legitimate.

No argument there. Those sites often contradict themselves depending on who is giving them information.

I'm guessing he got the raise because he was a logical target.

It also may show that $$$ was the reason he left Stanford for WVU in the first place.

FWIW: Greg Studrawa just got fired from OC at LSU. Interesting somewhat in that he did coach at BGU (before Clawson) and by way of comparison illustrating just how fortunate Lobo was to be protected by Grobe for so long despite his epic poor performance. I would guess Studrawa's recruiting figures into it as well with recent high profile misses.

"Studrawa, 49, joined LSU for its 2007 BCS championship season after six seasons at Bowling Green, three at Arkansas State and one at Ohio State as a graduate assistant. He was offensive coordinator for three seasons at Bowling Green (2003-05) and added the assistant head coach title to his duties in 2006."

From Rivals
"Studrawa returned to simply being offensive line coach in 2013. Both tackle La'El Colins and guard Trai Turner were named second-team All-Southeastern Conference selections. The offensive line, which had just one player returning in the same position from a year ago, had an up-and-down season.

During Studrawa's time as coach, the Tigers had four first-team All-SEC offensive linemen - Herman Johnson in 2007-08, Ciron Black in 2009 and Will Blackwell and Alex Hurst in 2011. Joe Barksdale (2010) and Chris Faulk (2011) were second-team All-SEC choices along with Collins and Turner.

The offensive line has been one area which has failed to produce many NFL players during LSU's recent period of great success. Barksdale is the only current NFL former LSU offensive lineman, who played for Studrawa."

any updates on the OL coach? I really wish we'd retain Himey. If he doesn't perform the way we need to...then we can let him go. But he is a guy who WANTS to be here and shows passion for the school. Something that most of our former coaches didn't do.

Has there ever been a more fitting name to coach at wake forest than someone named Tabacca.

Has there ever been a more fitting name to coach at wake forest than someone named Tabacca.

First coach in Wake Forest sports HISTORY whose name rhymes with Chewbacca! Yes!! Best coaching staff ever!

wookie-chewbacca-chewie-star-wars.jpg

Last edited:
First coach in Wake Forest sports HISTORY whose name rhymes with Chewbacca! Yes!! Best coaching staff ever!

wookie-chewbacca-chewie-star-wars.jpg

I'd take chewbacca over bzz on the basis that he makes more sense when talking. However, I feel bzz beats chewbacca on nicer suit ties and I don't think chewbacca teaches proper shoe tying, so I guess bzz gets a plus there.

[Redacted] drives a Prius. chewbacca drives the millennium falcon. Advantage: chewbacca

so do we have the poop sheet on Tabacca yet? i read his bio on the ball state website but obviously those are slightly biased.

Back