• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

How exactly is the West Bank centered Palestinian Authority supposed to "take care" of Hamas in Gaza, when they are separated by many miles of desert occupied by Israeli forces? Are you suggesting that Israel open up a corridor so the PA can go fight Hamas? Please feel free to refer to a map of the region in question before answering.

The PA needs to send a team to Gaza. Israel would certainly make sure they got there safely. There are ways to do this. The PA should also use the assets they have in Gaza to get the true story out.

Hamas is not a Palestinian group. If Palestinian leaders told those in Gaza not to help or trust Hamas, things would also change.

If it is as you say it is, there is no hope for Gaza. Hamas' #1 through #100 (at least) goals are to rid the world of Israel and damn anyone who gets in their way.

Remember that time that Israel prevented Hamas from handing over lots of power to the PA?

That was all the PA's fault too. Those jerks.

The PA needs to send a team to Gaza. Israel would certainly make sure they got there safely. There are ways to do this. The PA should also use the assets they have in Gaza to get the true story out.

Ummm you know this already happened 8 years ago, right? And that the Israel-backed Fatah coup attempt failed miserably? With Fatah members being thrown off roofs?

This already happened like ten years ago.

Except for the ones that don't think like you think they're supposed to, I'm guessing. They don't count.

Of course not. Just the unwed dependent ones. The independent go getters are too smart for us.

Except for the ones that don't think like you think they're supposed to, I'm guessing. They don't count.

Because they're in the other party with people who think like them.

That's the way parties work.

Because they're in the other party with people who think like them.

That's the way parties work.

And having only two parties is one of the dumbest things about the USA.

300+ million people. Two significant political parties.

Stupid.

And having only two parties is one of the dumbest things about the USA.

300+ million people. Two significant political parties.

Stupid.

I used to think like that too until I realized that the USA does have many different parties (e.g. political interests). They just coalesce into two major parties. The party changes overtime (i.e. Dixiecrats becoming Reagan Democrats and becoming Republicans).

Think about it like an American sports tournament. There are 32 different NFL fanbases. By the time the Super Bowl comes around, there are only two teams to root for. Everybody has a rooting interest whether it's specifically their team or not. Everybody roots for a team whether they are passionate about who wins or not. Everybody roots for a team even if they just show up to the Super Bowl party and haven't been following the season or the playoffs. That's how our elections are. The candidates may not fit your specific interest, but one is better than the other.

I used to think like that too until I realized that the USA does have many different parties (e.g. political interests). They just coalesce into two major parties. The party changes overtime (i.e. Dixiecrats becoming Reagan Democrats and becoming Republicans).

Think about it like an American sports tournament. There are 32 different NFL fanbases. By the time the Super Bowl comes around, there are only two teams to root for. Everybody has a rooting interest whether it's specifically their team or not. Everybody roots for a team whether they are passionate about who wins or not. Everybody roots for a team even if they just show up to the Super Bowl party and haven't been following the season or the playoffs. That's how our elections are. The candidates may not fit your specific interest, but one is better than the other.

Except there are those other hundreds (thousands counting state and local) championships to decide.

Except there are those other hundreds (thousands counting state and local) championships to decide.

Yeah. I used the most prominent tournament and the most prominent election as examples.

The Super Bowl is one tournament like the Presidential election is one election. The local Little League tournament is one tournament like the local dogcatcher election is one election. Not sure what you're saying.

Yeah. I used the most prominent tournament and the most prominent election as examples.

The Super Bowl is one tournament like the Presidential election is one election. The local Little League tournament is one tournament like the local dogcatcher election is one election. Not sure what you're saying.

You can't have multiple Super Bowls. People funnel together for The Super Bowl (POTUS), but most smaller races are more nuanced.

Back