• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AT&T U-Verse: whadya know about it?

Made the switch from TWC to Uverse today with installation scheduled for Monday.

TWC was going to go up to close to $200/month and a comparable ATT package is $132/month plus I'll get a nice $160 gift card ($10 extra for going paperless). This includes 18Mbps internet, whole house DVR with 3 receivers (one of which is wireless), HBO, HD service, and whatever else comes in their top tier bundle.

I called TWC to see if they would match or beat the deal I would be getting and they seemed totally indifferent on keeping my business. I may try again after 7pm to see if this national call center business works, but I am actually looking forward to trying a new service as my internet through TWC has been pretty bad.

Hopefully the installation goes quickly on Monday and I am able to clear out everything I want on my DVR this weekend.

This sounds exactly like my experience. TWC didn't try to match until I dropped off my equipment. Too late.

My only beef with UVerse is that the on demand service for some reason has very little in HD. Not sure why.

This sounds exactly like my experience. TWC didn't try to match until I dropped off my equipment. Too late.

yep, me too. They wanted to cut me a deal when I was standing in line holding their old crappy modem in my hand.

I had a problem with my Uverse receiver - the DVR function just didn't work - and they sent me a new one overnight and paid for the old to be mailed back through the UPS store. Was very pleased with that customer service.

I'm still getting calls/mailings from time warner asking me to come back with a match of the uverse price. Would have been a lot easier to do that when I was still a customer rather that to wait for me to sign a contract with another company. Way to play hardball retention

Idiots. TWC dropped its pricing for me when I threatened to pull the plug without mentioning UVerse. Maybe it just depends whom you get on the phone, which, again, is crappy customer service.

Anyone in Raleigh use EarthLink? I'm so done with TWC internet. Speed test gives EarthLink better marks on reliability and speed in the area, so I am considering a switch.

My advice as someone who has played hardball with TWC with no success, switched to U-Verse, and in the end switched back is to put in the effort with TWC before you leave. Call back and get another person, do a live chat and have a screen shot saved for what you will be paying U-Verse so you can email them. I swore I would never let TWC back in my house, four months later I was thrilled when I switched back as a new customer for lower than what I was paying U-Verse. Everyone hates TWC until they try competitors. I had a buddy mock me when he made the switch to U-Verse, talking about how great it was.... he is switching back after hosting a party at his house two Saturdays ago when the feed kept freezing (he admitted it happens a lot).

This thread makes me love the city-based fiber optic service in Salisbury. $45 a month I get 50 mpbs upload and download. And that's not a promo rate.

This thread makes me love the city-based fiber optic service in Salisbury. $45 a month I get 50 mpbs upload and download. And that's not a promo rate.

Those services were really catching on until TWC got their buddies in the state legislature to kill such services.

Those services were really catching on until TWC got their buddies in the state legislature to kill such services.

don't worry, i'm sure the invisible hand of the free market will bless us all with $45 superfast internet soon. Wait for the trickle!

I'm so sick of TWC Internet speeds in Winston.. Would everyone recommend going to Uverse now and hoping the giga power spreads soon? Will all existing att customers eventually be upgraded automatically, assuming you pay the difference for the fiber service?

Been with Uverse for 11 mos. Had a bundled promo but had problems early on with one of the cable receivers. Once promo price expires, rate will double. Thankgoodness we have competition on the coast with other vendors as I will be switching to either "Wow" formerly Knology; or Comcast.

My initial rate with U Verse just expired and the bill jumped up. Called this morning, after a very short hold and the initial walk-through of confirming info with the entry-level CSR, got transferred to Customer Loyalty and Retention. Spoke to a very nice man. We both cut right to the chase, no BS or hardball negotiating or hard sells, ended up renewing for a year with a bump in internet speed for $10 more a month than what I was paying on the intro package. Hands down the best customer service experience I've ever had with a telecom.

Back