• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes who have won you over

I still hate Tebow.

That could be a by product of the love fest that sti goes on in Gainesville when Broncos games are on.

Why is it a hard fact to understand that Ray Lewis's FRIEND was accussed of killing someone, not Ray Lewis? Now, no one accused is doing time for murder. But, ray lewis killed him? ok.

Ray ordered the hit, bro.

(honestly I have no idea, I've just always hated his ass)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a player who fits that description....but I can think of a coach whom I despised for decades but have come to admire & respect as I have learned more about the man himself....and his attitudes & actions regarding important issues facing this country aside from his job as a coach....rather than just judging him by the color of the uniform on the teams he coached: Dean Smith.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a player who fits that description....but I can think of a coach whom I despised for decades but have come to admire & respect as I have learned more about the man himself....and his attitudes & actions regarding important issues facing this country aside from his job as a coach....rather than just judging him by the color of the uniform on the teams he coached: Dean Smith.

Dean must have said something negative about George W. Bush that gave BKF a chubby.

To me, at least, there are things in this world which are more important than the UNC vs WF rivalry in sports.

Madness. I disagree.

And I do understand what you're trying to say. There are plenty of people at least as liberal as Dean, and they never wore that disgusting shade of blue. I don't see why Dean would be admirable for being like probably millions of other people.

To me, at least, there are things in this world which are more important than the UNC vs WF rivalry in sports.

Which reminds me, BKF, our mods have incurred some unexpected expenses and we would really appreciate a generous donation from the City of Randleman's audio-visual budget to keep things going here. Kthanx.

Shane Battier

I hate Dick and most of their players. But got to watch him in person 2-3 times at U-Hall. The guy just did everything right on the court. Not super talented, but maximized his talent and is 1 of the most fundamentally sound players I've ever watched.

Shane Battier

I hate Dick and most of their players. But got to watch him in person 2-3 times at U-Hall. The guy just did everything right on the court. Not super talented, but maximized his talent and is 1 of the most fundamentally sound players I've ever watched.

I got to watch him way more times than that in Cameron. I agree. Doesn't mean I like him though.

Why is it a hard fact to understand that Ray Lewis's FRIEND was accussed of killing someone, not Ray Lewis? Now, no one accused is doing time for murder. But, ray lewis killed him? ok.

Why is it so hard to understand that Lewis had his charges dropped in exchange for snitching and that he plead guilt on two misdemeanor charges?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/19/06/04/lewis_agreement/

He was most certainly accused of it.

Not to mention even if he didn't directly murder the dude (which he was accused of), he was involved enough in a brawl that resulted in two deaths that he shouldn't be on this list. If that isn't enough, he had three assault charges prior to the murder.

Last edited:
I got to watch him way more times than that in Cameron. I agree. Doesn't mean I like him though.

Seems like a decent guy too. He and Brand are the 2 Dickies who I started off not liking and then really started respecting their games.

Back