• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes who have won you over

I could never be won over by a Yankee, Laker, or Cowboy. It would be very very hard to be won over by a Tarheel. It would take a lot of time.

This is the correct answer.

I liked Jordan as a player, but only because of his superhuman talent. And the older he gets, the more I respect Dean Smith's legacy.

I never have and never will be a fan of any current Cowboy, Laker, or Yankee.

Martina Navratilova. Growing up I was definitely on "Team Evert/Evert Lloyd" to the point of despising Martina, but as her career wound down I began to appreciate her more. She's really a remarkable person.

59 Grand Slams, 18 in singles . . . that's some serious hardware.

Martina Navratilova. Growing up I was definitely on "Team Evert/Evert Lloyd" to the point of despising Martina, but as her career wound down I began to appreciate her more. She's really a remarkable person.

59 Grand Slams, 18 in singles . . . that's some serious hardware.

Steroid era. Can't trust those stats.

Did a huge 180 on Cam as soon as he was selected by the P-Cats. Hated his guts at Auburn.

Also, hated Jeter until I heard he started giving his hook-ups goody bags.

Then (spoiler altert) realized he gave herpes to Jessica Alba and now back to hating him I go

Dilfer? He is a walking OTAB class. Try a drinking game every time he says "team chemistry"; "safety valve"; "great leadership".

Cam has single-handedly revitalized Panthers football. Every time they go to a fan shot at BoA, someone's doing the Cam Superman shirt-rip. The doubters keep waiting for an off-the-field slip-up. And he's getting ready to start a large children's charity campaign in CLT/ATL.

Did a huge 180 on Cam as soon as he was selected by the P-Cats. Hated his guts at Auburn.

Also, hated Jeter until I heard he started giving his hook-ups goody bags.

Then (spoiler altert) realized he gave herpes to Jessica Alba and now back to hating him I go

What happened with Cam is unusual for me. I never liked Peppers.

I never really got behind the Hornets because they drafted of JR Reid, LJ, and Zo.

I reluctantly got behind the pick and then fell in love in the preseason.

Oh yeah. I still hate Jeremy Shockey, but I like seeing him get Cam touchdowns.

cam.png

Tebow
Shane Battier/Grant Hill

Shaq is the first that comes to mind. I used to hate him above all others and now I think he's awesome.

Newton. I never believed the press conference when he was at Auborn, until this year when I heard him speak several times and realized he really is that articulate. I didn't think his skills would work in the NFL and, so far at least, I was bad wrong.

This sounds odd, but I think that Cam Newton's success at Charlotte has contributed to the success of the Heisman campaign for the quarterback at Baylor.

Vick - dude did a horrible thing, went to jail and went to work. I mean, someone on here put Ray Lewis and that mofo straight up killed somebody.

Joe Namath. Couldn't stand him when he led the Jets to the Super Bowl championship.

Hubert Davis. Jay Bilas.

Newton. I never believed the press conference when he was at Auborn, until this year when I heard him speak several times and realized he really is that articulate. I didn't think his skills would work in the NFL and, so far at least, I was bad wrong.

This sounds odd, but I think that Cam Newton's success at Charlotte has contributed to the success of the Heisman campaign for the quarterback at Baylor.

It's been a long road for black QBs and "black QBs". The success of one paves the road for the next one.

Not me. Never. In fact, just yesterday, I was about to buy some Jockey undershirts when I saw a big cardboard cutout of Tebow advertising them. I paid more for the Ralph Lauren brand.

Note: This is an UGA fan.

Back