• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes who have won you over

Cam Newton, Kurt Warner is a good call (esp. being a 49er fan, that guy tore me apart a number of times with AZ and STL), and I hate to admit this right now but I'm starting to come around on LeBron James. I still don't want the heat to win but I don't hate him like I did last year.

Cam for sure. I didn't think he had it in him but after this season, I definitely feel as though I was wrong

Also Mariano Rivera. As a Sox fan, I hate all things Yankee but he and his cutter have won my respect. Same with Jorge Posada. Kobe is regaining some credit but I don't think he'll ever make it into my good graces

Derek Jeter

I could never be won over by a Yankee, Laker, or Cowboy. It would be very very hard to be won over by a Tarheel. It would take a lot of time.

Peyton Manning. Probably partially due to his commericals. Cut that Meat!

I agree about Dilfer. Thought he was a horrible player but he's a pretty good analyst and I enjoyed the ESPN special about his QB camp this summer.

Athlete that has won me over the most is Tom Brady. When he took over for Bledsoe I thought he would be a flash in the pan like Frank Reich and would never be a good starting QB (definitely not an elite QB). He has proven me wrong and I respect his abilities and the way he handles a lot of the publicity.

Same for Rodgers. The way he initially handled the Favre coming out of retirement (the first time) made me think he was a whiny little bitch but now I like him and can't help but root a little for the Packers because of him.

Iverson - thought him to be only a thug until what he did representing the USA in the Olympics. That was truly awesome

I can't think of many QBs that I've been a fan of from the moment I saw them play in college through their whole NFL career despite even playing for a division rival.

I love Drew Brees. Loved him at Purdue. Loved him in San Diego. I wish ill upon them for choosing Rivers over him. I'm happy for what he's done for the people of New Orleans.

Correct answer for the couple who weren't already Breezus fans.

Don't see how you can't like the guy. As you saw in his speech in the locker room, the man is a true team player. Did not mention himself at all. Only talked about the team, coaches, staff, and even the equipment managers. Guy is a great, if not the best, teammate.

i figured you'd say jon barry.

Back