• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes who have won you over

Blake Griffin
Dirk
Pujols (mostly from frustration pulling for a different NL Central team)
Calvin Johnson (again, from GT)

Athletes who will never win me over: Kobe, Lebron, Roddick, Mickelson, ARod, Vick, Ray Lewis, any and all UNC athletes (I'd include that piece of shit Roy Williams, but he's not an athlete - unless being a piece of shit is now considered a sport, which in that case, he's a first ballot HOFer)

Who is your go to golfer if you don't mind me asking? I'm a huge Lefty fan but really don't have many golfers I dislike. Most of them are really good guys as far as I've found.

For those of you who said dirk has won you over, what made you not like him to begin with?

For those of you who said dirk has won you over, what made you not like him to begin with?

He's always been my favorite NBA player. I listed him mainly because of that, oh, and the 2011 NBA playoffs. Put to rest any doubts (soft, weak, baby, ect.)

Deion Sanders.

Hated him in college but in the NFL he was an amazing player (pretty good in MLB too). Cocky as hell but he backed it up.

Didn't realize you ever didn't like hm.

Sun Devil, and I think he's a bit of a phony at times. Having seen the work he does for charitable causes, and how he will sign autographs for fans for seemingly hours at a time changed how I see him.

Deion Sanders.

Hated him in college but in the NFL he was an amazing player (pretty good in MLB too). Cocky as hell but he backed it up.

I think I more hated the teams he played for than hated him looking back on it. There are probably several others like that too.

I didn't like Derrick Rose because he went to Memphis (under Calipari) and then that whole thing came out about his SAT's. But after last season, I could do nothing but be impressed with his drive to be a better player, his tremendous athleticism, and his surprisingly humble attitude. I was very impressed with his MVP speech. He's probably my favorite player now.

People didn't like Dirk because he's white. That's all.

I've liked Dirk since I saw him in the World vs. USA high school game playing with Darius back in '98. So that destroys your theory.

Townie, Ware is a good example. I'd like him a lot if he wasn't a Cowboy. Some others over the years include Shaq, Pau Gasol, Miles Austin, Steve Young (kinda, I liked him despite him being a 49er), Emmitt Smith, and Joe Dumars.

D-Wade: Hated him cause he was the worst ref-baiter of any NBA player. But in the 08 Olympics he balled out ridiculous coming straight off of injury. And he was the only person to really show up besides Kobe in the final.

Flash was just unbelievable in the Olympics, considering the injury.

D-Wade's ref baiting makes me hate the NBA, not him. He'd probably be one of my favorite players in the league if he didn't play for the Heat.

Speaking of, I'll include Zo as a player who won me over. I hated him in college, never really got into the Hornets because of him and LJ, and hated him with the Heat, but I respect the hell out of him.

Back