• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

"Hassan Kadam is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. When Hassan and his family, led by Papa, move to a quaint village in the South of France with the grand plan of opening an Indian restaurant in the picturesque countryside, they are undeterred by the fact that only 100 feet opposite stands a Michelin starred classical French eatery. However upon encountering the icy proprietress, Madame Mallory, the Kadam family realise they may have bitten off more than they can chew. Outraged by the new arrivals, Madame Mallory is determined to have their business shut down. As cultures clash and food flies, an all-out war escalates between the two establishments -- until, that is, Hassan's passion and talent for French cuisine begin to enchant Madame Mallory and even she can't deny this young chef could have what it takes to garner even more acclaim for her beloved restaurant. This, along with his new-found friendship with her beautiful sous chef Marguerite, starts to weave a magic between the two cultures and, despite their different tastes, they discover an unlikely recipe for success that surprises them all."

boogity boogity is not what he seems

fatter yet wiser

Sounds like Rochelle, Rochelle: A Girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

I'm hearing good things about Don Antonio's pizza in Buckhead. Anyone try it yet?

Also, I haven't been to a better farmer's market in the A than the one in Piedmont Park but I've heard good things about Grant Park's.

I went to Don Antonios twice and didnt like it. I really liked its predecessor, although I cant remember the name now. But especially now that Varuni is open, no reason to go to bhead for pizza, and I would still go Varasano's above Antonios in bhead.

Cool, Varuni is tough to beat. Gio's looks delcious for EYEtalian, so I need to hit that up.

Gen. Muir's caper-scallion cream cheese is my favorite ATL condiment/schmear/topping. It cannot be beaten.

Does anyone have a Mexican Resto that is good? They all seem to just suck in town lately. Went to Taco and Tequilla on Roswell yesterday and it was :sick: I know Moons will have a spot on Buford Hwy that has excellent tongue tacos, but I am thinking more traditional American Mex versus the Buford scene (kids and all ya know).

Since the death of El Toro's around town, the lack of Ameri-Mexi around town is staggering. Never liked El Azteca.

I've heard good things about Taxco on Roswell Rd in Buckhead but I've never been. I like the chips/dip trio at El Taco.

Pancho's on Buford Hwy is college town decent. Tomatillos catered a couple of events I've been too and its always been good.

Taxco is great and fits your gringo needs.

Though it's definitely not just frequented by gringos.

Try it.

Second the Taxco rec, it is exactly what you are looking for. Much better than El Toro

My fav taco place is El Rey Del Taco, but that is Bufordy and does have the '4 day old sweat' ambiance.

Still need to get to that place down in Clayton Co. on 441

Just take your kids to La Pastorcita, enjoy the spanish only menu and non-english speaking staff. Tell your kids this will be their world in 20 years so better start practicing.

Can't believe I forgot Jalisco, prob went there once a week in high school. Agree that it is also very good, but can get pretty crowded.

Taxco also has a great porch.

Went to the re-located Cafe Agora Bhead for first time. Still super legit greek and now seems like a real place where you could sit down and eat food.

Back